ꗃ eight

"wait, wait, you're what

"wait, wait, you're what..?" sim jake's full lips fell ajar as his jaw was almost on the floor out of shock upon registering the news his friend just delivered to him, the hand that was gasping his metallic chopsticks frozen near his mouth while the piece of meat he picked from the grill fell straight onto the bowl of rice in front of him. the aussie couldn't help but stare at him flabbergasted while sunghoon chuckled as he pinched a slice of raw beef and placed it on the grin in the middle of the table to let it cook.

they were currently in a barbecue restaurant that is pretty popular among their friend group, seated at a large table sharing a meal to catch up with their busy lives since sunghoon has been so caught up in the wedding preparations that he had forgotten to check on his friends.

"i'm gonna be a father." jungwon, who was seated beside jake, choked on his drink once sunghoon repeated his words, harshly coughing trying to push the liquid out of his airway whilst patting his chest lightly since he couldn't believe that the guy seated across from him who had nothing but work in his mind even found the time to settle down and create his own family.

"did you and takara finally get along?" the youngest boy questioned before chugging down a cup of water that jaeyun previously handed him to help with his cough, failing to notice how his gaze darkened and his body became stiff at the mention of her name as he cleared his throat and shifted his gaze somewhere else, clearly uncomfortable with anything related to her.

"yeah about her, i still hate her, and it's not her who is pregnant." the two's brows knitted bewildered and the secretary's head tilted sideways, questioning with their curious eyes what he meant by that. "is this about the girl you mentioned the other week?" the brunette finally connected the dots and remembered the girl he was ordered to try and find with no success, observing how the corners of his naturally tinted, plump lips threated to curve into a smile as he nodded his head keeping his gaze low.

the sim glanced back and forth between the two with confusion twisting his soft features as the topic of the conversation was new to his ears, the heir signaling jungwon to explain to him due to him not being able to talk about hari without grinning like a stupid.

he has no idea what this light-headed sensation is, but whenever she crosses his mind he feels something he can't seem to grasp inside his stomach.

"okay, so you basically have a fat crush on this girl. but what are you gonna do with your marriage that's literally less than two months away? do your parents know about this?" jaeyun, who had now got a grasp of the situation thanks to jungwon, questioned him with a raised brow as he thought of the situation the boy was currently in. not only does he have a crush on his employee which already violates the company's rules, but this famous girl that is carrying an illegitimate child doesn't even belong to a high class, and hoon is currently engaged to another girl.

the situation couldn't be more messed up than this.

sunghoon cleared his throat at the question and scratched his nape, firmly pressing his soft lips into a thin line before meeting irises with the other boy who already understood the answer to his inquiry. "so they don't know.." a dead silence fell at the table despite the loud noises around them as they ate their dinner in silence, the atmosphere heavy and awkward which was rare when they were together.

they were aware of sunghoon's relationship with his parents and how it almost resembled a seesaw due to its unsteady rythm. if one day they were okay and simply not arguing, the other they were pressuring him into doing things he didn't wish to do and ended up ignoring eachother. this is why he buried himself in work most of the time.

an unexpected gasp from jungwon made both of their heads snap towards him, a look of sudden insight on his face that only made them more clueless about whatever happened for him to inhale like that before the younger excitedly turned to the park. "what if you and that girl get married? that way you'll get your father's position and the baby won't be born in an uneasy situation."

this is exactly why sunghoon hired him as his secretary, jungwon always knows how to help him out in situations like this.

"but how am i supposed to convince her to marry me when we have known eachother for a week?"

guys look at me dead in the eye and tell me this sunghoon doesn't suit the book perfectly

idk abt yall but this is exactly how i envisioned sunghoon while writing this book