ꗃ thirteen

as she carefully patted the cushion foundation on her pearl-like cheeks while observing herself in a pocket mirror that she carries in her make up pouch, hari nervously retouched her make up to make sure she looked perfect when giving an answer to...

as she carefully patted the cushion foundation on her pearl-like cheeks while observing herself in a pocket mirror that she carries in her make up pouch, hari nervously retouched her make up to make sure she looked perfect when giving an answer to the father of her child and possibly future boyfriend.

after reflecting on it for a while, she finally made up her mind and decided to at least give sunghoon the chance he's been begging for so bad.

hari closed the small pouch and set it inside her bag, threading her fingers through her silky strands to fix any flying hair before nodding her head and standing up from her chair adjusting the skirt that fell near her knees. she headed towards the desk of his secretary who seemed busy going through some contracts, clearing her throat to grab his attention and flashing him a closed mouth smile once he raised his sharp gaze with brows slightly knitted in confusion at her sudden presence. "ms.cha? how can i help you?"

"is president park busy? i need to talk to him." the pregnant girl mumbled the last sentence shyly fidgeting with the hem of her grey cardigan that she paired with a black skirt, the hair remaining down from her half up bun cascading on her face and hiding her angelic features as she kept her irises focused on the ground.

jungwon smiled slightly and pretended to check the said boy's schedule before shaking his head, signaling her to go ahead and knock on his door by moving his hands towards its direction to which hari thanked him embarrassed and bowed her head multiple times while walking in the direction of the office.

she knocked faintly on the door with her trembling hand closed into a fist, leaning against it to hear his response and twisting the doorknob open once she registered him allowing her to go inside. yet, her warm irises were greeted by his grumpy figure, looking quite displeased to see her walking into his office instead of the usual where he would immediately have a smile on his face.

"why are you here?" his voice was cold and emotionless while his face seemed distant with eyes still focused on his computed and keyboard rather than her figure standing on the doorframe, not even bothering to spare a glance at her who pressed firmly her lips into a thin line at his sudden change of behaviour and just took a seat on the usual chairs.

"i want to talk about what you asked me the other day." his thick, dark brows raised slightly with ears now perked up at the mention of his proposal, his typing finally coming to a halt as he averted his gaze to her lightly disappointed expression that almost made him scoff unbelievably. she really wants to discuss about that when she is clearly interested in another man?

"why don't we talk about the guy that visited you here the other day? you have a crush on him, don't you?" sunghoon almost despised making his mind wander back to the said day where a boy around their age showed up to her desk right when he was about to approach her and ask her out for lunch, and hari seemed quite happy to see him considering how she was smiling from ear to ear and her cheekbones were a crimson shade.

it was so obvious she has a crush on him that even the walls could tell, and he almost felt like he was being used as a rebound to forget him.

the brunette reflected on his words for a minute before realization hit her like a truck, her soft lips parting into a circular shape but they soon closed with gaze diverting to her lap. it's true that she has some kind of feelings for him, but she's trying to make them fade away for the sake of her best friend who is currently dating him.

"i don't like him, and he has a girlfriend anyway—" a sudden loud and repetitive knock on his door cut her off as both of their heads turned towards the direction of the sound and sunghoon swore he wanted to cry when he saw who was behind the wooden surface, it being none other than his soon-to-be wife with that annoying grin of hers on her lips.

"hoonie— who is she?" takara abruptly halted on her steps once she noticed an unfamiliar girl sitting on the seat near her, eyeing her from head to toe disgusted making the pregnant girl pretty uncomfortable as she cleated her throat and stood from her spot before bowing deeply to him.

"i'll get going now president park." hoon sighed frustratedly at the current situation, taking off his glasses and tossing them on a pile of documents resting on his desk before massaging his temples stressed by everything going on.

how is he gonna drop these news to his parents if she hasn't given him an answer?