ꗃ five

this can't be happening

that's what hari thought to herself as she sat on the cold, wooden floor of her bathroom with a timer tickling down displayed on her phone's screen, 3 pregnancy tests laying in front of her as she anxiously waited for the results.

it had been almost 5 weeks since she last got her period, and lately she's been experiencing morning sickness and quite out of the ordinary cravings. considering the only guy she had recently slept with was her accidental one night stand and they were both tipsy that night, she is pretty sure they didn't use any kind of protection and he must be the hypothetical father.

but she hopes for a miracle that will somehow make the tests turn out negative, because as of now, she isn't in the conditions to support a baby since she can barely afford basic necessities for herself.

the phone in her trembling hand began vibrating slightly as the timer reached its end, taking her out of her trance of thoughts and worries as hari set the device on the floor beside her and took a deep breath to reassure herself that everything was going to be okay. she took one of the tests and slowly flipped it just for her jaw to fall open once her doe eyes landed on the results.

it was positive, and so were the other two.

tears started pooling in her eyes and blurring her vision while her lower lip trembled like a leaf, letting the sticks fall to the ground before bursting into tears while buring her face into her shaking hands and curling into a ball. what is she gonna do now? she has no support, no one to turn to and a job to survive on. she can't even afford an abortion, but she can't go on with an unhealthy pregnancy either.

hari wiped the crystalline tears that stained her cheeks away and stood from the ground with the tests in her tight grip, leaning against the ruined wall of her small apartment before taking a deeper look at the positive results. one of them displayed the text 'one month pregnant' in bold, and her hand unconsciously traveled to her lower abdomen despite it feeling the same as usual. perhaps, she shouldn't rush things out of impulses but consider it another time when she's in a better state of mind.

hari has always struggled with money. ever since she was just a teenager, she constantly struggled to make ends meet at the end of the month no matter how much she saved up. she can't spend too much on groceries because most of her money are always used to pay rent and bills, so she does struggle to simply eat a full meal due to lack of food in her apartment.

"hari, are you okay? you've been in there for—" the familiar voice stopped mid sentence as the door was swung open by a feminine figure, her worried gaze landing on hari's trembling body before they averted to whatever she was grasping that she soon figured out to be a pregnancy test. "hari, are you..?"

a loud gasp slipped past kim minju's lips once the other girl nodded her head, slapping a hand over her ajar mouth in pure shock before taking excited steps towards her to which the brunette had a ghost of a smile curved on her features as she just let her friend hug her to seek some comfort. she isn't quite sure of what she's gonna do next, whether she's gonna keep the baby or not, and she isn't even sure if she's gonna tell the supposed-to-be father considering how impossible the search of him seems.

and either way, he mentioned that he has a quite high position in a company, so he's definitely way out of her league.

minju quickly broke the hug and placed her palms on her upper arms before pulling her slightly closer to her, a surprised expression on the pregnant girl's face who raised one of her brows as if questioning what was up with her sudden actions. "i need to know who's the father, and you need to tell me if you're gonna keep it." the female emphasized the word 'need' each time she said it with eyes growing wider, noticing how she bit her lower lip in hesitation and scratched her nape slightly embarrassed of the answer.

"about that, i might not know who he is." hari's doe eyes widened in panic once minju's curious expression slowly turned into a furious one, certainly not happy with what her ears just registered. "i mean we had a few drinks so we didn't properly introduce ourselves.." minju heaved out an exasperated sigh while fluttering her eyelids closed and massaging her temples, the other clearing her throat whilst lowering her gaze to her feet feeling slightly ashamed of the fact that she can't even remember who caused the growing problem inside her stomach.

"listen, why don't you take a paternity test?"