ꗃ nine

seated at the long, glass dining table that was covered by a white cotton tablecloth and its decorations were hidden by the many plates displayed on the surface, sunghoon carelessly maintained his cold and emotionless gaze low on his phone's scree...

seated at the long, glass dining table that was covered by a white cotton tablecloth and its decorations were hidden by the many plates displayed on the surface, sunghoon carelessly maintained his cold and emotionless gaze low on his phone's screen while his fingers busily typed on the keyboard in the lower part of the displayer.

he was currently at a dinner with takara's family, her parents planning to get to know him better since, to his despise, the wedding was only weeks away. in his mind, he was still denying the fact that the girl seated in front of him was gonna stay with him for thr rest of his life, and nobody could understand how much he wishes this blabber-mouth could be replaced by cha hari instead.

but his mind was everywhere else, his boba irises quickly reading the messages on the left side of the screen and trying to hold himself back from showing any kind of emotion once he opened the imagine the girl he cherishes sent him. due to him having a quite busy and packed schedule, hari asked him any day he was free on to attend a check up with her. sunghoon was actually supposed to head to the first appointment that evening, but due to this useless dinner being scheduled last minute he had to ditch her, and she was now sending him a picture of the monitor in her doctor's studio.

the monitor didn't display a lot actually, but something about the fact that it was hari who was carrying the baby made everything more exciting.

he himself doesn't know what's up with him since he isn't the type to catch such intense feelings in such a short period of time, but the a few relationships he had never made him feel this way.

"so, sunghoon, what are you planning to do once your father leaves the company in your hands?" takara's father questioned the boy who was lost in his own world, everybody at the dining table focusing on him awaiting for his answer as takara kicked his leg under the table to grab his attention before innocently smiling at him and signaling him to answer her father's question.

he cleared his throat and turned his phone off before fixing the suffocating tie around his neck, straightening his posture once he felt his mother's pointed gaze on him and clearing his throat. "i was mainly planning to expand our business overseas, especially in japan and to collaborate with your company, mr.sato." the said man nodded his head satisfied with his answer, now completely convinced with the choice of making him his company's future heir.

sunghoon was the embodiment of what mr.sato envisioned for his only daughter's husband, good-looking, responsible, from a wealthy family, perfect to handle a company and well-mannered. even though he may seem a bit cold as of now, he's sure once he warms up to takara he'll be perfect in any way possible.

"by the way, where are you two gonna spend your honeymoon? it should be somewhere romantic so you can come back with a grandchild." takara's rosy cheeks turned into a crimson tint at mrs.park sentence, a shy smile curving her full, pink-colored lips as she kept her gaze fixated on her food while the two mothers chuckled together at her actions. the raven inaudibly tsked and went back to focusing on his phone screen, the neatly disposed food on the porcelain plate with a golden decor left untouched as he had lost his appetite the moment they stepped into the modern house and he was greeted by her suffocating fragrance when he could've been smelling hari's blueberry scent.

his mood was already under the ground because he had to ditch last minute the other girl just for a dinner with people he didn't wanna see, and now they're bringing up the topic of him sleeping with their bratty daughter? sunghoon would rather drink acid than to lay a finger on her. and if his parents want a grandchild so desperately he already has one on the way for them, he just needs them to approve him marrying someone who isn't disgustingly rich like them.

"we're still young mother, plus sunghoon seems to like his job more than me." the japanese girl pouted her lips while looking up at him with her doe eyes, the woman in her 60s seated beside her son giving him a pointed glare which passed unnoticed by the heir that continued to seem uninterested in his surroundings. don't get him wrong, he's aware that he may be acting rude right now, but that is exactly how he wants to be perceived in order for them to call off the wedding and leave him alone.

he wonders if jungwon's suggestion doesn't seem so wrong now.

i almost forgot to update..