Chapter 18

Recap:

Jungkook chimed in, "Hyung, I love you," and responded with a playful flying kiss to Jimin. Taehyung laughed and agreed, "Ice cream it is then." As I processed their kindness, I couldn't shake the feeling that it was all out of pity. Yoongi must have told them about my suicide attempt, and now they were treating me differently. But deep down, I knew it didn't matter anymore, because I didn't plan to stay alive much longer.

.....................................................................

Y/N POV:

We were now inside the ice cream parlor. Jungkook had ordered a scoop of chocolate chip ice cream, while Taehyung and Jimin had opted for strawberry and cookies and cream flavors, respectively. I had chosen caramel. Silently, I focused on my ice cream, eating without much enthusiasm.

Summoning some courage, I managed a quiet "Thanks," not bothering to look at them, my face a mask of neutrality. Despite my lack of emotion, they responded with warm smiles.

"No problem, princess," Taehyung said gently, his words carrying a touch of reassurance.

Jungkook then chimed in, curiosity evident in his voice, "Hey Y/N, seriously, how well did you do? It can't be that bad, right?"

With a sigh, I replied while still engrossed in my ice cream, "I actually topped the class." Their eyes widened in disbelief, and Jungkook nearly choked on his ice cream, blurting out, "What?"

Concerned, Jimin asked, "You're not joking, are you?"

"Nope," I confirmed, my tone flat.

Taehyung, wearing a broad smile, playfully ruffled my hair. "Hey, I'm so proud of you," he exclaimed.

I simply hummed in response, focusing on finishing my ice cream. Out of the blue, Jungkook, seated beside me, pulled me into a side hug. "I never expected it; you're so cool, just like me," he remarked.

Jimin interjected teasingly, "You're not cool, Jungkook."

Defending himself, Jungkook whined, "Hyung, I am!"

Their laughter filled the air, genuine and carefree, while I quietly observed, wondering why I couldn't fully embrace these moments of joy.

We returned to the mansion, and I quietly made my way inside, heading straight to my room. After a refreshing shower and a change of clothes, I decided to venture downstairs.

What I wore ~

Staying cooped up in my room would only lead me down into another suicide attempt and I was determined to avoid it

Staying cooped up in my room would only lead me down into another suicide attempt and I was determined to avoid it. I settled onto the couch in the living room, seeking solace in the familiar surroundings.

After a while, Namjoon joined me, sitting beside me and offering a comforting side hug while tousling my hair affectionately. With a warm smile, he inquired, "How was your day, princess?" I responded softly, "It was fine, oppa."