Chapter 23

Recap:

Seojun rubbed my back soothingly, his presence a comforting anchor in the storm of my emotions. Eventually, as we stepped out of the ferris wheel, I made a decision. I looked at him with determination shining through my tears and said, "Let's go to the sea."

I held onto his hand tightly, feeling the weight of what I was about to do next.

.....................................................................

Y/N POV:

As we reached the shore, the sound of the crashing waves echoed in the night air. I took a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves as I gazed out at the vast expanse of the sea.

In that poignant moment, my heart pounded with a mixture of fear and longing, uncertainty and desire swirling within me. The sound of the crashing waves intensified the turmoil in my mind as I stared into Seojun's eyes, searching for solace and understanding.

As the cold breeze tousled my hair and the moonlight cast an ethereal glow upon his face, I found myself drawn irresistibly to him. With tears streaking down my cheeks, I held onto his hands tightly, seeking refuge in his warmth amidst the cold night air.

Feeling a surge of courage, I leaned in, my trembling lips seeking his in a desperate attempt to convey the depth of my emotions. As our lips met, a jolt of electricity coursed through me, sending shivers down my spine.

At first, Seojun seemed taken aback by the suddenness of my kiss, but then he responded with equal fervor, his lips meeting mine in a tender dance of passion and understanding. In that fleeting moment, I felt a sense of release, as if the weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders.

As we kissed, tears continued to cascade down my cheeks, mingling with the salt of the sea breeze.

For that fleeting moment, with our lips locked together, it felt like time stood still. But deep down, I knew that our kiss was both a farewell and a confession of the love I could never fully reciprocate.

Feeling his gentle touch on my tear-streaked face, I searched his eyes for any hint of doubt or hesitation. His unwavering gaze filled me with a glimmer of hope amidst the chaos of my emotions.

With trembling hands, I grasped his, seeking reassurance in his touch. "You trust me, right?" I pleaded, my voice choked with tears and uncertainty.

He paused for a moment, his expression softening as he met my gaze. "But tell me first-" he began, but I couldn't bear to hear anything but his affirmation.

"Just tell me that you trust me, right?" I interjected, my voice breaking with emotion.

Sighing softly, he cupped my face tenderly, his touch grounding me in the midst of my turmoil. "Yes, I trust you," he murmured, his words a soothing balm to my fractured soul.

Feeling a surge of determination, I clutched his hands tightly and pulled him towards the sea, my heart pounding with a mixture of fear and desperation. Tears blurred my vision as I raced towards the crashing waves, his hand still clasped firmly in mine.

He tried to stop me, his voice choked with emotion, but I couldn't turn back now. With each step closer to the water's edge, my resolve grew stronger, fueled by the weight of my pain and longing for release.

"We both wanted this, right?" I cried out, my voice cracking with anguish as the sea beckoned to us, its dark depths promising an end to our suffering.

He remained silent, his tears mingling with mine as we reached the water's edge. Without hesitation, we plunged into the icy embrace of the sea, our bodies enveloped by the cold, unforgiving waves.