The Promise

-At Seoul-

A/N POV:

"Y/N, you may leave now with your father," the principal's stern voice echoed in the office, accompanied by the rustle of papers as he handed her a warning letter. The weight of disappointment settled heavily on 14-year-old Y/N's shoulders as she accepted the letter with a sigh, her eyes downcast.

Stepping out of the office, she spotted her father waiting patiently for her, his expression a mixture of concern and understanding. Without a word, she approached him and enveloped him in a tight hug, seeking solace in his comforting embrace.

"Dad, I'm sorry, but this isn't my fault, that boy—" she began, her voice trailing off as her father gently placed a finger over her lips, silencing her protests.

"Shh, let's just go home," he murmured soothingly, his voice a beacon of reassurance in the midst of her turmoil. Taking her hand in his, he led her towards the car, a silent promise of unwavering support and unconditional love.

During the journey home, Y/N's father stole a glance at her, noting the sadness etched on her features as she gazed out the window. With a soft smile, he reached out to gently ruffle her hair, his eyes full of affection.

"Ah, is my princess feeling sad?" he inquired, his voice laced with concern as he tried to lighten her mood.

Y/N let out a small sigh, her expression downtrodden as she recounted the events that led to her current predicament. "Yes, because this wasn't my fault," she lamented, her voice tinged with frustration. "That boy had first made a scratch on my notebook, that's why I had punched him."

Her father's smile widened at her candid confession, a mixture of amusement and pride twinkling in his eyes as he admired her fiery spirit. With a gentle squeeze of her hand, he silently reassured her that he was there for her, no matter what challenges lay ahead.

Her father chuckled softly at her adorable pout, unable to resist the urge to tease her gently. "I know, princess, it wasn't entirely your fault, but you have to admit, what you did was a bit harsh. I mean, he got a nosebleed just for scratching your notebook."

Y/N let out a small whine of protest, her frustration evident as she tried to explain herself. Before she could finish, her father interjected gently, his tone firm but caring. "Just promise me one thing," he said, his eyes reflecting both understanding and concern.

With a resigned sigh, Y/N asked, "What, Dad?" Her father extended his pinky finger towards her, a silent gesture of trust and reassurance. "Promise me that you won't fight back in school, even if you're right," he continued, his gaze steady on the road ahead. "Just complain about it to me, or any teacher, or the principal, but don't fight back. Got it?"

Y/N hesitated, the sense of injustice still lingering in her heart. "But, Dad, it's unfair," she protested weakly. Her father sighed, his expression softening as he tried to make her understand the bigger picture. "Look, this wasn't your fault, but you still got a warning letter," he reasoned gently. "If something like this happens again in the future, and if they kicked you out of college or university, then what will you do?"

Reluctantly, Y/N relented, her resolve wavering as she realized the wisdom in her father's words. "Fine," she conceded with a sigh, knowing that he only had her best interests at heart. With a small smile, her father extended his pinky finger once more, waiting for her to make the promise.

"So, a pinky promise it is," he said, a hint of amusement in his tone. Y/N returned his smile, her heart lighter as they sealed their agreement with a simple gesture. As they released their intertwined pinky fingers, a sense of understanding and trust lingered between them, strengthening the bond that held them together.

.....................................................................

I hope it clears that why she never fought back to protect herself.
Anyways, I want to express my gratitude to all of you who supported this book. Honestly, I never expected anyone to relate to it on such a deep level, but I'm grateful for your connection to the story. I'm glad you appreciated my writing style, which I know is a bit different from most fanfics. Thank you for taking the time to read this book; it truly means a lot to me <3