Five, 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 (𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝑰𝒇..)

"The gods knew that Emily and Erwyna would always be two souls separated, yet always connected. Their threads may tangle and untangle, intertwined for only moments at a time. But no matter how far apart they are, they remain bound."

"Erwyna believed that she was the embodiment of all the hatred she'd ever felt like a living, breathing monument of failure."

Erwyna Torres never thought she'd die. It sounds foolish, but she thought she'd be alive forever. She had survived her mother's death, being undercover in Italy and being cut off from everybody she knew in America, and she survived working beside Emily Prentiss again. Only one of those things could've killed her in all reality, but the others could have been just as harmful. If any of the others dragged on or got any worse, she'd kill herself, or at least her brain would start attacking her body.

When she stood in that barn, Erwyna couldn't tell if she felt like the strongest or the weakest person in the world. For one, she had just shot three dogs to death. Dogs that would've killed her if she hadn't shot them, dogs that would have suffered this fate even if she hadn't shot them. But for two, Erwyna shot three dogs. She shot three dogs. Dogs, dogs whom Hotch would probably have been able to fight off himself. Can one be the strongest and the weakest person at the same time?

In shock, Erwyna kept her gun up and ready to fire, in case there was another dog or Tobias found her. If Tobias found her, she'd be dead meat. If he raised these dogs to be this vicious, then he could torture her, torture Spencer.

Spencer.

Erwyna started to walk towards the doors to find Spencer when she heard footsteps right by them. She stopped in her tracks and aimed her gun at the people, shouting, "FBI!"

What Erwyna would never forget after this moment, is the way everybody looked at her. They looked at her like she was a little kid standing in front of a white van, like she was helpless. She hadn't been looked at like this in ages. "Don't come any closer, I will shoot!"

"Hey, it's Morgan and Prentiss. Don't shoot. It's okay," Derek lowered his gun as he walked over to her, watching her put down her gun as well. "Are you hurt?"

"No, Spencer. Get Spencer. Spencer, he's- he's still out there, I left him out there. Oh my god, what did I do?" She began to run her hands over her face.

"Yeah, we will."

"Now! Get him now. If he's still out there-" She shook her head and took a deep breath. "And the dogs, I had to kill them- oh god, I killed dogs. And the woman, she..." Erwyna trailed off, looking back to the woman's remains.

While Derek ran to find Reid, Emily stuck behind as she noticed how fragile Erwyna seemed. She put a small smile on her face while she slowly approached Erwyna and put her arms around her back, cradling her head. "I am so sorry."

Erwyna looked up at her and took a deep breath, finally capable of speaking to her again. "It's fine, Emily."

"No, it's not. It's not, I let you come here without any backup. I should have known, I should have..." Her voice trailed off as she gently pulled away from the hug. "I am so sorry, Jules."

Jules. Jules.

-

"Hey, Jules..." Emily softly whispered, her voice trembling beside Erwyna as they sat on top of the Tuscan rooftop, watching and waiting for any sign of Doyle's return. As soon as he came back, Emily would need to leave.