Sixteen, 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬

TW // MOLESTATION

TW // MOLESTATION

"Spencer understood [Erwyna] better than even her mother ever did."

"If she had been born one year later, it would have been her instead."

~~~

Erwyna Torres' least favorite cases were those involving children. While this was likely a no-brainer, Erwyna still felt that she experienced them worse than her colleagues. Her colleagues could look away and once they looked away, they would be able to maintain their composure. However, Erwyna couldn't. When she looked away, she saw the children's bodies and every other detail in their case files. She could never get away from them.

As she lay alone in bed one Saturday morning, she got the call. The call she dreaded every second of every day, and the reason why she never made plans with her sister or tried to make friends.

This time, it was from Hotch. Besides the fact that he was the one calling and not JJ, the panic and resentment was definitely clear in his voice.

Another child.

Hotch didn't have to tell Erwyna, she came to this conclusion on her own. Much like Erwyna, Hotch's main weakness was cases involving children.

As soon as Erwyna arrived at the mall where the child had been abducted, she was escorted inside with every single other agent, even Penelope.

Now, if this wasn't a sign, nothing was. If Penelope went into the field on a case, it was going to be either tough or time mattered more than usual. The only other time she had gone into the field while Erwyna was on the job was with Tobias Hankel.

Upon walking through the door, a detective immediately greeted the agents as he handed a walkie talkie to Hotch. "We've been in lockdown for almost twenty minutes. My team's already in motion."

"Another female, same age, same time of day, taken from essentially the same location," Emily stated.

Erwyna sighed as she wiped her hands against her pants, her hands becoming even more sweaty with every word that was spoken. "What makes you think Katie Jacobs is still in the building?"

The detective turned to look over at her, nodding upwards. "The mall's got cameras installed at every entrance and exit. Surveillance video confirms Katie entering the building, but no sign of her leaving. Security paged her over the intercom, and their initial sweep came up empty."

Derek advised everyone of the case they were constantly referring to, as it seemed very similar to this one; brunette, six years old, and taken from a mall. "Whoever killed Jessica Davis last week left that mall with her because he wanted time with his victim in privacy."