Fifteen, 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤

"And most of all, she hated daddy Hotchner for placing her with Emily Prentiss once again

"And most of all, she hated daddy Hotchner for placing her with Emily Prentiss once again."

"I'm never leaving you, Spence. I am here, always. And I would love to be your friend."

~~~

Erwyna raised a hand to her now-bandaged forehead as she entered Emily's apartment, watching Emily throw her keys onto the kitchen counter as they entered.

Additionally, Erwyna rose her other hand as she gestured to Emily. "Did you take a test yet?"

"Oh, that." Emily swallowed harshly as she shook her head, much to Erwyna's dismay. "No, but I know I'm not pregnant. I just got my period."

"Oh..." Erwyna frowned as she placed her to-go bag beside Emily's couch as she sighed softly. "I know how much you want children, I'm so sorry."

Emily shook her head as she rested against the couch, clearing her throat. "Not with him... not now... not when I feel like this."

"Like what?" Erwyna inquired, her eyebrows turning upwards.

"Oh, don't... don't worry about me. I've just been thinking about Doyle." 'And you too, you fool,' Emily wanted to shout, but she couldn't. She wanted to have a full mind and not be on such weird terms with Erwyna. Besides, how did she even know that this was a crush? She never felt like this about any man. It was only ever Erwyna.

However, this statement only made Erwyna even more worried and skeptical as she crossed her arms, stopping beside Emily. "Why?"

Emily's breath briefly hitched in her throat before she stepped towards the stairs, shaking her head once again. "Go to sleep," Emily bluntly stated as she walked upstairs to her bedroom, leaving a befuddled Erwyna now sitting on the couch.

As Erwyna sat on the couch, she observed how well-kept Emily's apartment was. Not only was it impeccably clean and cared for, but it was also close enough in proximity to the white house to be fully visible from the window.

Briefly brushing her hand over the window, Erwyna smiled at the view. If they moved in together, they would live in this house. While Erwyna would keep her own house, Emily's apartment was far better.

But she couldn't let herself think about that.

She couldn't run with the fact that Emily wasn't tied down to anyone anymore. She couldn't run away with Emily. She couldn't be with Emily again, as it would only end the same way as the first time did. Erwyna or Emily would be scared off by the other's way of life, whether it be how they brushed their teeth or if they put cereal or milk in first.