Thirteen, 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭

TW // MENTION OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

"I don't know, I'm gay."

"How could I forget you, Erwyna? I used to breathe you in like oxygen, and all of a sudden I was without you."

~~~

Joining back with her colleagues from the BAU for a case, Erwyna could already tell that there was no getting Jason Gideon back. While he put on a facade and tried to seem put together around Erwyna, Erwyna could see through this. After all, she was an expert at finding out facades. While nobody tore hers off of her face, she was ready to dig into Gideon's.

Before she could, however, she had to depart the jet. As a smiling JJ approached her, Erwyna shook her head with a minuscule grin.

JJ gestured to the coffee in Erwyna's hand as she put her arm on Erwyna's back, something she knew Erwyna hated but never had the heart to tell her not to do. "How many cups of coffee have you had?"

Looking down, Erwyna swirled the coffee in her hands around before answering her friend. "I think this is my fifth."

"Well that's... a lot, Erwyna. Of course, you need some caffeine in the mornings with the insane cases we're getting, but maybe you could switch to green tea or some soda or..." JJ raised her eyebrows and stopped her sentence for a moment before shaking her head and rolling her eyes a bit. "Sorry if I'm being condescending. You hate it when I do this, don't you?"

Erwyna shrugged as she entered the car. "Yes, I sort of do, mother." With a small scoff from JJ, she entered the vehicle as well. "So Hotch left the part out that I was drunk when he called me?"

"Oh?" JJ scrunched her face a bit as she shook her head. "Yeah, no he didn't tell me that." She looked at Erwyna for a minute before the car began to jolt forward, when she nodded her head at Erwyna as if she was tipping her fedora. "So, how was Seattle?"

"It would have been better if I didn't leave blackout drunk and arrive here with the worst hangover of my life."

JJ smiled softly as she nodded, returning her gaze to the road in front of them. "I've been there."

"Really? You?" Erwyna scoffed, looking at JJ who disregarded her glances. "You've been blackout drunk?"

"College was a different time." JJ remarked, laughing softly. "Speaking of that, you are coming with me to the college campus."

"What, so I can set a great example of what not to do right before work?"

"Exactly what I had in mind!"