Eleven, 𝐍𝐨 𝐖𝐚𝐲 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐈𝐈: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤

"My team? Let me tell you about my team. Agent Morgan fought to protect his identity from the very people who could save him. Why? Because trust has to be earned, and there are very few people he truly trusts. Reid's intellect is a shield which protects him from his emotions and at the moment, his shield is under repair. Prentiss overcompensates because she doesn't yet feel she's a part of the team. She needn't worry. Every day, Agent Jareau fields dozens of requests for our team and every night, she goes home hoping she's made the right choices. Garcia fills her office with figurines and color to remind herself to smile as the horror fills her screens. Agent Gideon, in many ways, is damned by his profound knowledge of others which is why he shares so little of himself, yet he pours his heart into every case we handle. And Agent Torres, perhaps damned even more than Agent Gideon, lets these cases seep through her skin so much so that she's started to burst at the seams."

-

"Just do it, admit that you're in love with her. I can't be the other woman in my own relationship anymore."

"You aren't the other woman, Elle. I swear you aren't." Erwyna stepped towards Elle, shaking her head while the latter of the two backed away.

"Oh, yeah? 'Cause from where I'm standing, it looks a hell of a lot like you two are still in love with each other."

Erwyna pinched her eyebrows together. "Still?"

"Oh, come on. Don't tell me that you never met her before you started at the BAU." Elle leaned against the wall as she crossed her arms, sighing. "Just admit that you knew her prior to that."

"Elle-"

"Erwyna, you don't get what I'm trying to say." Elle walked towards Erwyna and placed her hands on her shoulders. "You are still in love with her, and I cannot and will not be the other woman. Just let me go, or else you're going to make this way harder than it needs to be."

Erwyna brushed Elle away as she stated in a near whisper, "I'm sorry."

"Say it, Erwyna. Just say it. I need to hear the words."

Closing her eyes and letting out a small squeak, Erwyna ran a hand through her hair. "I'm still in love with Emily."

Silence washed over the house at this statement, with Elle not truly expecting Erwyna to admit that. She knew it was true and that she had prompted it, but she still didn't expect it. She expected Erwyna to still be in denial, but she wasn't. She had made her mind up already.

Plenty of moments passed in this newfound silence before it was finally broken by the ring of Erwyna's phone. As she answered it, she sent a glance Elle's way as she continued to just shake her head and stare at her. Even though she didn't want to admit it, Erwyna knew she had ripped Elle's heart to shreds in that moment.

"Erwyna? It's Hotch, Frank is back."

"What?" Erwyna's eyes widened in shock as she immediately began to grab her coat.

"He's back and he killed again. This time, it was Gideon's friend. I'll send you the address."

As she hung up, Erwyna shook her head in disbelief before looking over at Elle. When she was nearly outside the door, Erwyna finally spoke. "We just broke up, didn't we?"