7. Getting closer

Its been a month since Angel worked for Husk. Valentino has been banned from the casino, so he couldn't hurt anyone. Husk had informed all of his maids and employees, so they can be on the lookout too. Angel was flattered. He has never met anyone who looked out for him so much. The most he got from Valentino was just an act to lure Angel Dust.
Every time Angel spoke with Husk, he feels warmer and warmer.
Husk also started to become a little softer, which surprised a lot of people.
Angel started dropping hints to Husk, but Husk was too busy with work that he couldn't see. Or so Angel thought.
Husk felt frustrated, but not at Angel, at himself. He felt confused. He tries his best not to feel anything for Angel, but he feels comfortable with him.

One day, Husk was in his office while two imps were working with him. Husk felt kind of dizzy. But he decided to just suck it up.
"Are you quite alright, Husk?" Asked one of his imps, concerned. The other imp turned around. Husk did look pale.
"I'm fine," Husk replied, trying to keep his eyes open. "Just a little tired. Get back to work."
A few minutes passed and Husk isn't feeling any better.
"Actually, can one of you get me a drink, please," he ordered. "Just water."
The imp came back with a glass of warm water, and Husk drank it all at once.
Husk stood up.
"I'm going to go to the library real quick." Husk said. The imps nodded.
As Husk left the room, after only 3 seconds, there was a huge thud from outside. Immediately, Husk's imps atood up and ran to see what it was. Husk was on the floor, crouching, coughing like mad.
"Woah!" exclaimed one of the imps, helping Husk stand up. "Husk, you should just rest today.."
"Alright," Husk said, beckoning the other imp.
"Tell Cygnus that we're closed for now, until i get better."
"Yes, Husk."

"Alright, listen up, everyone!" Cygnus clapped his hands in the stage, trying to get everyone's attention. "The boss man is currently sick, so i'm afraid we will be closed for now."
The ones who were playing in the casino groaned, but obliged, one by one leaving.
Angel, who was sitting at the bar, looked concerned. He heard the imp tell Cygnus what happened.
"What do we do now?" Asked Agatha.
"Not be a little bitch" Cygnus said, smiling, snatching the hammer that Agatha was holding. Why was Agatha holding a hammer anyways, thought Angel, chuckling.
"I hope he's okay," Angel said anxiously.
Agatha looked at him, and smiled.
"Why don't we all go visit him?"

"Well, i don't know," Cygnus said. "He doesn't seem very well. Maybe let him rest a bit."
"Then let's visit him tomorrow," suggested Agatha. Cygnus shook his head, smiling ruefully.
"What's the harm of it?" Agatha huffed. "I bet Husk would be pleased to see Angel."
"Don't drag me into this," Angel said, smiling.
"Why? Don't you wanna see you're husband?" asked Agatha innocently.
"Shut your ass," Angel chuckled. "Alright, i'm in. We can visit him tomorrow."
"Yes!" Agatha exclaimed. "Ya wanna come with us, Cy?"
"Oh, fine," Cygnus said, sighing. "But if we get into trouble or some shit, i'm blaming you."
"Oh, you're a moodkiller," Agatha giggled.

Husk was in bed, reading a book. He felt a little better, but still dizzy. He couldn't sleep.

He picked up his phone and saw that Angel has texted him.

Angel: jusk
Angel: fuckin keyboard
Angel: husk
Angel: u ok??

Husk smiled faintly.

Husk: Well, I'm feeling better.
Angel: oj
Angel: btw did u actually faint earlier?
Husk: No, not really. I just collapsed. Tired, i guess.
Angel: i thought u looked pale yesterday
Husk: And you didn't talk to me about it?
Angel: bb u look scary as fuck when u tired
Angel: hot 2 tho

Husk chuckled.

Angel: me, aggie n cy r gonna visit u tmrw if u wanna
Husk: Sure.
Angel: ok and i gtg cuz fat nuggs is unusually cranky
Angel: get better soon husky
Husk: Good night.