𝟐𝟖. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐬

Author

"Noooooo!!!!!" Sohana screamed and tears filled in her eyes. She stood up in a jerk. She was looking terrified. Her lips started trembling and her hands were shaking. She was not able to stand properly. Her feet got stumbled and she was about to fall but a pair of hands snaked around her waist.

Ruhaan.

He was so much tensed after seeing her like this. He has never seen her in this state. He rubbed her back and gave her water.

Sohana's expression became normal after some time and she blinked her eyes. Her eyes widened and her lips again started to tremble.

"I-I need to go to the hospital." She whispered and took her car keys and rushed towards her car.

"Sohana, sohana" Ruhaan called her but she was not in the state to respond to someone.

Kabir was also tensed to see his friend in this state. He was confused. He looked at Ruhaan and raised his brows at him as if asking him what happened. Ruhaan shake his head signalling that he don't know. They both exchanged looks and again moved their gaze outside of the café.

Sohana has already left from there.

Ruhaan's heart was beating so fast like it would come to his hand anytime. He was so much tensed after looking at her. Sweat beads has already formed on his forehead. He scratched his forehead with his index finger and looked here and there. He again looked at Kabir. Tears were already filled in his eyes. He don't know why.

Both of their lives were stopped in one question.

Why?

Ruhaan felt a tug on his wrist and looked behind. Kabir was standing behind him. He blinked in affirmative.

After all, he is his best friend. He knows very well that Ruhaan wants to follow Sohana and go to the hospital.

Ruhaan hugged Kabir tightly. Kabir kissed his cheek and grinned.

"Saale kamine tu kabhi nahi sudhrega." Ruhaan said in an annoying tone while he wore his coat back.
(You bastard, you will never change.)

"Kya karu, tera jo dost hun. Shaitani to karunga." Kabir said and smiled.
(What can I do? After all I am you best friend. I will definitely to mischievous work.)

"Shut up. I don't have time to fight with you. I am going to the hospital." Ruhaan said and grabbed his car keys from the table. He walked out of the café while Kabir shouted from behind.

"Ja Simran, jee le apni zindagi." Kabir said and smiled.
(Go Simran, live your life.)

"Chalo, Mr. Ruhaan Raichand itne dinon ke baad mere bhai Ruhaan jaisa baat kar raha hai." Kabir said as tears filled in his eyes. He wiped them with his thumb and went to his work too.
(Finally, Mr. Ruhaan Raichand is behaving like my brother Ruhaan after so many days.)

🧿

On the other side, Ruhaan was driving his car so fast. He was looking at his wristwatch time to time. Sweat beads were flowing from his forehead. His palm was also sweating. He was constantly biting his lips in stress.

Please god, keep her safe.

He thought and applied the brake of his car. Opening the door he got out ans rushed inside the hospital.

He went near Sohana's cabin but the cabin was empty. He then moved around the hospital ans his eyes fall on a figure sitting on a chair.