'How can you run if your curled up in a ball' (s1 ep 3)

WARD: You know you're late.

SKYE [entering, coming down the stairs: I'm tired from the morning's workout. I thought I was joining S.H.I.E.L.D., not 24 hour fitness.

WARD: It's called relative strength training, starting with the basics. And next time, you do 15 push-ups for every minute you're late.

Peter P: Party Pooper.

Skye: See someone agrees with my thinking

Ward: -gives a look-

SKYE: Fine, Mr. Fun machine. Better than pull-ups. I don't ever want to do another pull-up again.

WARD: You find yourself hanging off the edge of a building 20 stories up, you're gonna want to do at least one.

Natasha: He's got a good point

Maria: Yeah.

WARD: Stand here. Jab cross, like this. 10 minutes. [Skye starts punching, quite pathetically] You know the hardest part about boxing?

SKYE: Getting punched in the face?

WARD: Keeping your hands up.

SKYE: Why do I even have to do this? I'm sure Fitz-Simmons' supervising officer didn't make them do this muscle stuff.

Tony: That's because they are scientists

Skye: God I wish I was smart enough to do that.

Simmons: -chuckles a little- you'll survive Skye.

WARD: You said you wanted to be a field Agent, like Coulson. Well, if you'd like to switch disciplines... [calls to Simmons, who is in the lab a few feet away with Fitz] Hey, Simmons. What did your S.O. give you guys for morning drills?

[spraying sounds as Fitz uses a lysol can]

SIMMONS: Oh, atomistic attribute drills. Yeah, we'd name the mechanical, chemical, thermal ...

FITZ (jumping in): Electrical properties of materials.

Skye: Ew.

SKYE (talking over Fitz, to Ward): Okay, okay. They made your point.

WARD: There will come a moment when you have to commit to this or bail. [he holds the punching bag for her] Every field Agent has a defining moment. Ask Coulson. When you have to make the hard call to either dedicate yourself to this or to curl up in a ball and run.

SKYE: How can you run if you're curled up in a ball?

Yelena: She's the best one out of all 6 of you from that team.

Simmons: -offended- I fell offended

Skye: You should. I'm joking.

WARD: It's my job as your S.O. to make sure you don't die before then. Come on.

SKYE: So what was yours, Agent Ward?

WARD: 10 minutes.

SKYE: Your defining moment? Come on, tell me. I want to know. I could get Coulson to give you some of that truth serum. You could spill your little heart out to me again.

WARD: You mean my level one overshare that miraculously got you to cooperate? I hate to tell you this, rookie, but we don't have a truth serum.

Skye: Bullshit. And it did not get me to Cooperate. I did it myself.

Ward: Mhm. Keep telling yourself that.

Skye: I will. I make my own choices. You can't manipulate me to do stuff.