'The girl, the baby was the 084?' (S1 episode 12)

(AGENT OF SHIELD CHARACTERS ARE BASED NOW AT THE END OF SEASON 1 EPISODE 5) basically after the scene that they just watched.

COULSON: Cyanide? What did you think we were gonna do to you?

LUMLEY; What they did to her.

COULSON: Agent Linda Avery?

LUMLEY: She wasn't the first one to die. We were headed into the Hunan Province of China. A senior agent called in an 084

COULSON: An object of unknown origin. We've dealt with those before.

LUMLEY: He said the entire village had died trying to protect this one.

Natasha: To protect an 084? What was it.

ME: you'll find out soon enough.

LUMLEY: Avery and I were just fresh out the Academy. There were 5 of us running yh back end. Until we lost communication with the first team. We went searching found the senior agent under a bridge. He managed to escape with a gunshot wound to the neck, but he bled out.

Simmons: Ouch.

Skye: I feel bad for these people. They don't deserve that to protect an 084.

LUMLEY: he was still holding onto the 084. [Scoffing] Poor thing was covered in blood. We thought she was dead, too. But she was just asleep in the dead agents arms.

COULSON: The baby? The girl was the 084?

Skye: Me? That was my fault. -tearing up-

Simmons: -hugs Skye-

Everyone looks at Skye with concern.

LUMLEY: If she had powers or something we never witnessed it.

Skye: But like I don't have powers- what is he talking about.

The five of us helicoptered the kid out.

[May and Coulson both look at eachother]

LUMLEY: Headed home. After we landed, we started getting crossed off.

COULSON: Executed?

LUMLEY: Torchered. Heads bashed in. When it came down to Avery and I, we realised the only way to keep our people and the kid from being hunted...

COULSON: Was to erase her from existence.

LUMLEY: Avery was smart. She used the lead agents credentials to fake a level 8 clearance. She's set up a nearly invisible protocol. The foster system was ordered to move the child around every few months.

Skye: That's why I was never in a foster home for more then like 3 months. -wiping a tear away so it doesn't come out-

COULSON: But they still got to Avery.

LUMLEY: she died protecting that secret.

COULSON: and you left town.

LUMLEY: Oh, I left everything. I mean, whoever killed that kids family, and all those agents, was a force to be reckoned with.

MAY: that girl-

LUMLEY: Don't tell me a damn thing about her.I don't wanna know you understand? Just tell me. Is she OK?

Clint: Atleast he wants to know that she's okay.

COULSON: She's Safe.

LUMLEY: Then maybe it was all worth it. You taking me in?

MAY: Yeah.

COULSON: No. I'm not sure S.H.I.E.L.D is the safest place for you right now. We'll get in the air and drop you off somewhere along the route.

LUMLEY: Thank you.

[May and Coulson start to walk away]

LUMLEY: Bit of advice. Stop digging. And stay the hell away from that girl. 'Cause wherever she goes, death follows.

Peter O: My mind right now I can picture one of them saying. 'She's on my team.' 'She like flies with us on this plane everyday'

Everyone gives him a look

Peter P: Just trying to lighten the mood.

MAY: It's best no one knows about this. For Skye's safety and for ours. You can never tell her. [gives Coulson a look]

Natasha: Awe May cares. I've never seen that kind of side to you in ages.