'Why did you do it' skye & ward (season 1 episode 16)

Cut to The Bus flying in the air at night. We cut inside The Bus to see Ward waiting in the holding cell leaning against the wall. The door opens and Skye enters.

Ward: Thought you were Coulson.

He stands up straight as Skye enters with a bottle of water. She closes the door behind herself, she holds the bottle out to Ward who takes it.

Ward: Thanks.

Peter: That's so cute. Tell me you still don't ship it.

Yelena: I still don't ship it.

Natasha: You won't get her desicion changed you know.

Peter; I won't these videos might though.

They both sit down at the table set up in the holding cell as Ward sighs deeply. They both look unsure what to say but Skye speaks first.

Skye: Why'd you do it?

Ward starts shaking his head.

Ward: I lost it. I got angry. He pushed all the right buttons.

May: you let your emotions get the best of you which your not supposed to let happen.

Ward: Sometimes it's hard to not when they say stuff like that. You nearly did and you can't even deny it.

May: I nearly did but I didn't. I had to learn to control it.

Skye: Coulson said the mission was to capture, not kill.

Yelena; You know sometimes missions like that don't go to plan. But I was trained to kill so i have zero clue what that's like

He sits up and leans in closer to her.

Ward: Think about what The Clairvoyant said, what he's done. Think about the Centipede Program. How he experimented on innocent people like Mike Peterson. How he kidnapped and tortured Coulson. How he ordered Quinn to shoot you. And he wasn't gonna stop, Skye. Not until you...

Skye absorbs this and knows how that ended.

Everyone looks at the screen remembering what happened

Ward: I wasn't gonna let that happen.

Skye: So, what happens now?

Ward: I face a S.H.I.E.L.D. review board. Whatever the punishment, I'll take it. I deserve it. But I don't regret what I've done.

May; You don't regret it?

Ward: Obviously not

Yelena: I mean the stuff he said

Natasha: Yep that's gotta leave an internal scar in your mind

Skye: You don't?

Ward: No. Not if it means you're safe. You and the rest of the team.