06

All of these pented up stress is making me go insane.

Alastor and Lucifer know about me being an angel, maybe they think my powers are just angelic powers and not 'original Queen of Hell' powers, whatever that is. To be real with myself, even I don't know how strong I am. I've never really used my powers.

"Hey Y/N, what's troubling you?" Husk asked as you sat on one of the stools of the bar. "It's 2 in the morning, why are you awake Husker?"

"I don't sleep often, that explains why I'm grumpy huh?" I laughed as Husk made a lil joke. "Well, I'm just hella stressed, got no one to talk to and shit. There's so much going on." I ranted. Husk raised an eyebrow, "A ball of energy has stress? Now I've heard it all." you rolled your eyes as he gave a small chuckle.

You've decided to let loose, bottling feelings are never a good thing, it's unhealthy for us. You put a hand on the bar, the other one holding your head up as you lean to it.

"I'll let you in on a secret, Husk. I actually have... powers. I'm an angel but also a sinner, not fallen but I'm in between those two. When Lucifer opened a portal to the hotel and sensed I was 'powerful', I was stressing out because I've been hiding my identity towards everyone. I wouldn't say I'm just an overlord or anything, I've never really used any of my powers except for teleportations here and there. Yesterday, Lucifer and Alastor kept me in a room that's out of service and talked to me about this, they were suspicious of me. They both found out I'm an angel and a sinner. There's a lot more they can unfold but I'm not ready for it to be revealed." You ranted out to him as he listened closely, his eyes widening on some parts of your vent.

"Why do you keep your identity? It's important to be yourself and not some fake personality." he scoffed, like he knew or knows someone who does. "It's... not that simple, Husk." I whispered but loud enough for him to hear. Being possibly the most powerful being in Hell, supposingly the Queen of Hell but hiding in shadows of a powerless and mysterious sinner.

"Well, I appreciate it that you opened up to me. It must be hard for you to, despite me also not knowing you had a whole different identity hidden. I understand how it feels, maybe not like yours but I've been stressed out too. What I learnt is that whatever you hide, it'll come out eventually so personally I believe it's better to just be yourself. Why try to fit in when you're born to stand out?" he chuckled and placed his hand on mine over the counter.

"It's okay to hide things sometimes, but it's never okay to hide who you really are. Being truthful is a great thing you know, Y/N?"

You smiled, you never knew Husk can be so wise. You never knew he was the type to be comforting, he usually pushes everyone away. Maybe it's because he relates to it or he has went through it before. Whatever it is, you're grateful there's someone to listen to you. After opening up, you feel a bit lighter on the inside.

"Thank you for listening to me, Husk. I really appreciate it. You're a great listener." I thanked him.

"Not a problem." he replied, drinking his booze.

"Unfortunately, I probably won't show myself, I'm not ready to." you sighed, remembering everything that happened in that room.

"No rush, kiddo, take all the time you need." he waved it off. "It's important to be who you are but if you're not ready yet, take your time. Not everyone shows who they are but deep down they're still them. Just make sure you're ready to do things first before doing them, we don't want any last regrets. If you're not ready, then don't. Never push yourself if you know your limits."

You smiled and gave him a hug over the counter, he was shocked but gave the hug back for a few.

"I'm gonna head to bed now, thanks Husker. I really needed that." you smiled genuinely. "Goodnight Husk."

"Goodnight Y/N, sleep well."

I woke up with Voxy snuggled in my arm, what a cutie. You patted him as he purrs into your hand, you chuckled and stood up from the bed to get ready for the day. You felt so much better now that you've talked to someone. You're still surprised Husk had that side of him, he always looked gloomy and tired.

You wore something casual and walked out of your room. You fixed your hair while walking down the stairs, everyone's already awake and sitting on the dining table, chattering away. Alastor is the only one not here, probably off to run his secretive works again. You and Husk made eye contact as he gave you a smile, which you smiled back. You sat next to Niffty and Vaggie.

"What are we waiting for?" you asked Vaggie. "Oh, Charlie's dad is making us breakfast." she answered your question. Lucifer is making us breakfast? He can cook? Right after she answered me, the kitchen door opened and Lucifer walked out with pancakes for everyone. Everyone took 3 pieces and dug in. The pancakes surprisingly tasted great, I can hear everyone feasting on it like no tomorrow.

Lucifer looked at me while I ate. I felt his gaze on me so I looked at him, our eyes meeting each other. He gave a sympathetic smile, what does that mean? I shrugged it off, I smiled back though and gave him a thumbs up. He walks back into the kitchen to clean up, I suppose? I finished eating so I took my plate to the kitchen. He was washing the tools he used and I went over and washed my plate.

"Hey, uhmm, Y/N." he said as I hummed as a reply. "Can we have a talk, please? I wasn't in the right mindset yesterday, or the day before that actually. I apologise for the way I treated you." he said and you looked at him, surprised he said that. Based of his actions yesterday, he was mad when he found out I'm an angel. I've heard from his past and I understood why he acted like that but Lucifer apologising is something new, especially after that situation.

"Later, not now. Somewhere private too because I don't anyone else to hear us, especially Alastor."

"What are you guys talking about?" Angel Dust walks in the kitchen with Husk. Your eyes met with Husk as he knows what's going on. "Let's just put our plate down and go, Angel." Angel looked at Husk confused but shrugged it off, he had a lot of better things to do anyways. "You can call me anytime, toots! If the short King bothers you, I'll back you up!" you laughed at that nickname he gave Lucifer as the 'short King' beside you rolled his eyes. "Of course, Angel! I know you always got my back!" he smiled and walked out of the kitchen.