07

Alastor made his shadows walk around the hotel, slightly confused and pissed off. He couldn't feel your presence. Alastor was in other part of town, meeting an overlord friend of his.

Alastor was asking them for advice because he had never seen anything like you. For the first time he was... confused? Amused at the same time too. The overlord friend sighed.

"You know Alastor, you say that like I've met her or someone like her. I can't help you a lot here but it's preferred for you to not invade people's privacy."

"Rosie, my dear, you may not understand my intentions! She could be a threat to the hotel with her hidden powers, who knows what she'd do?"

"But yet you were the one who brought her in..."

Rosie sighed at Alastor. She understands how you have somehow perked his interest but he shouldn't have never invaded your privacy like that, especially where he rips the back of your shirt. That's basically harassment.

Alastor basically told Rosie everything, not leaving a single part out. Well, he left some parts out, the fact that you've met Vee's and went to Valentino's club a few times. Now that's invading your privacy! But let's be honest here, it doesn't really change much, does it?

Alastor had a forced grin out, Rosie knew something was troubling him. "What's wrong, Alastor? Why the frown?"

"I can't seem to find her, her presence isn't there anymore, did she run off after what happened?" Alastor says, obviously pissed off over you disappearing into thin air. Where have you gone?

Lucifer opened a portal to his Manor. His Manor is the only place you knew no one's powers could reach, especially Alastor's. He sighed, "You're lucky you're able to be here, it's been empty for years due to Lilith's disappearance for 7 years. I don't allow other people in as well." he chuckled as he led me along his large hallways up to his room.

"I'm sorry to hear that, you must've loved her a lot." you said to him whilst looking at all the framed pictures of the Morningstar family. Although you didn't like both Lucifer and Lilith for taking your realm, you showed sympathy towards the King. You know how much it hurts to lose someone, well, some place in your case.

"Loved? Heh, I still do."

He stopped infront of a very tall door, this should be his room then. With a snap of a finger, the doors slowly opens along with creaks. 'I gotta get that fixed', Lucifer thought to himself. Both of you walked in with silence. You gazed around the room, there are piles and piles of rubber ducks. You were dumbfounded, was the infamous King of Hell into collecting... ducks...?

"Don't mind the mess, it's been a while since I've been here. I have been with the other sins." you nodded. There were many different ducks, you spotted one of Charlie and giggled a little. Lucifer looked at what you saw and hid it, "That was unfinished, don't tell Charlie please?"

You gave him a reassuring smile, showing him you wouldn't. He sat laid down on his bed and gestured you to sit somewhere, you found an office chair, assuming it was Lucifer's, and sat on it.

"So first of, I just want to apologise for what happened that day. It was unprofessional of me. I'd like to apologise behalf of Alastor as well, it was wrong of him to rip the back of your shirt like that." Lucifer said, rolled to the other side of his bed, hiding his slight redness on his cheeks. You chuckled, that was cute.

"Well, back on topic, I might've accidentally overheard your conversation with the cat." you froze. Shit. He turns back around to see you wide eyed. "I'm sorry but it caught my interest so I eavesdropped on it. So you're not a fallen angel like me but you are a sinner at the same time? I've never heard that, other than me and Charlie's girlfriend, Vaggie. We're both fallen but... yours is a different case. How are you here?"

"I don't really know how to explain it... I don't want anything to do with these powers or titles. I don't want to start any fights so I just sit here. As for the angel part, that's a secret."

"Shouldn't you obey the King of Hell?" you scoffed at his reply, using his title for every single thing. You were positive you could fight him though, you knew you were very powerful. "Okay look Luce, I really liked it when you apologised but as you overheard me, I'm not ready yet and now I don't think I'll ever be."

He flinched at that nickname, "Please do me a favor and never call me that. Lilith used to call me Luce and I'd like it to be just her..." So he hasn't moved on after 7 years, you pitied him. "I'm sorry for invading your privacy, Y/N. I shouldn't have forced you to talk to me if you're uncomfortable with it. I'm just... curious about you. I sensed your power, it's even stronger than the angels up in heaven, there's no way you're ordinary. I have no idea what you're hiding from us but please don't keep this up for long, my curiosity is eating me up and I don't want to hurt you to find out."

He sighed and continued, "Ever since Lilith left me, I was just stuck in this realm, boredom kills me. Charlie hates me so I don't want to disturb her. When I found out she had this project about rehabilitation, I was so proud of her. I wanted to visit her but I'm afraid she'll hate me more so I didn't. I just continued on my own things until she called me over a week after the exterminations. Ever since then, we got closer, I'm happy but without her mother by our side it feels so empty. My life and my heart feels empty, that is until you came. Not like I've fallen for you! Gotta clear that up. You caught my interest with your aura and... I don't know. I've never felt anyone so strong. The type of aura you have is like... the type of aura Lilith had. Me too but it's not about me right now, you remind me too much of her, it makes me relapse every now and then."

You listened and realised he's starting to tear up. You leaned in closer and wipe his tears. He looks you in the eyes and you gave him an apologetic look. "Could you maybe... stay with me? Till tomorrow? You can sleep on my bed, I'll stay on my side of the bed. I just don't want to be alone right now."

You looked at the time, it's getting late. You agreed and went to the other side of the bed. You can hear silent sniffles from him, you felt guilty for reminding him of his wife.

"Do you want to, I don't know, hug? If it helps yo-" you got cut off by him immediately turning around and cuddling you. You smiled at him. You cuddled back and caressed his hair which made him calm down a tiny bit.

A few minutes later, he drifted off to sleep while you were lost in thought of how you got into this situation. I feel bad for Lucifer, he obviously have not moved on from Lilith. He still wears his wedding ring even though he hasn't seen her for 7 years.

Your train of thought got to an end as he snuggled closer to you, his grip tighter as he was having a nightmare. You lightly patted his back, Lucifer smiled in his sleep, which made you smile as well.

"Don't worry, Lucifer. I got you."