Chapter 4

As the morning sun perked through the curtains of Rebecca's bedroom, she find herself unable to identify the pain her chest carry. The weight of Freen's words hung heavy in the depths of her chest leaving deep marks of stung in her flesh. She find herself unable to get out of bed and face another insult again, everything seems to be so heavy, everything felt bizarre everyday, with different kind of pain stinging Becky's heart. As she surge through her day, the intensity of Freen's word repeated over and over again as if it play in automatic button in her mind. It keeps her distracted, it keeps her way too far of everyone's space.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Irin asked, the remnants of Becky's discomfort visible on her face as she go with her day.

" Nothing." She denied, though the answer roll down her tongue clearly, the declination her words carry flash through the cracking of her voice.

"I know you Rebecca, now whatever is bugging in your mind you can tell me. Perhaps I can do something to help." Her best friend prompted placing a soft rub on her back.

Rebecca smiled, although her heart is heavy, her eyes conveys happiness. " It's fine Rin, sometimes some burdens should be carried alone. But never be weary, I will tell you once everything is settled, for now I just want you to be here as my paddle. Can you do that for me?" Becca inquired forging a new hope of support from her friend.

"I will always got your back Becca, do know that." The two women wrap each other in a tight embrace, a hug that portray commitment and love for one another, a love that Becca never receive from the people she expect it from.

Becky remained aloof and preserved, her mind somewhere no one knows where, her hand clammy in her pocket, her kind wanders to different depths of dimensions her mind can create, rooms of unspoken words unable to be broadcast, fostering a remote feeling of instability within herself. When lunch came, Becky and Irin wasted their time studying, their free time were use as an extension of studies and a mantra of  their unspoken words, for a moment Becky's mind stop thinking about the events at home, the chaos, the conflicts, the fights, the accusations, everything that has been serve on the table.

And upon getting lost in books, Becky discover peace.

"Ms. Armstrong, you have a food delivery." The teacher's aid exclaimed carrying a medium box of food. All of it consist her favorite.

"From who?" She inquired, her curiosity heighten in every moving second.

"It says here it's from Freen... Nothing else." Becky hurried over taking the box from the man, her hand search through the sticky pad on attached to the box to check if it was really from Freen. And indeed it is.

"Freen? Why did she suddenly sent that? That is surely not change of heart, how can a devil be such angelic after times of giving you pain?" Irin asked sarcastically basking the urge of insulting her best friend's wife. In the midst of the heightened turmoil, a glimmer of hope ignited on Becca's heart.

Eat up.

Freen

"Don't tell me your gonna eat that?" Irin asked.

"What do you want me to do with this Rin? Of course I would eat this."

"But that's from that devil!"

"I know but these are my favorite, I would never not eat this. Oh and look!" Becky took the sushi inside the box showing it to Irin. " It's your favorite! Don't you want this?" She asked, her eyebrows rose up and down as she coaxed Irin's rage with the food served in the table.