Chapter 15

"Rebecca Patricia Armstrong, you finally showed up..."

Becky's heart rambled against her chest hearing Freen's voice again. Despite the avoidance she made and effort to get off the hook of Freen's trap, Becky admits that she somehow missed the voice of the woman she had lived with before. Her ex-wife.

"I'm sorry i'm a little late, are we starting yet?" Rebecca professionally ask ignoring the lingering gaze Freen gaved her.

"You're just in time Rebecca, in fact I was waiting for you." Becca snapped her head towards Freen raising a brow, Freen who realized what she said quickly take back the words. " I-i mean w-we were waiting for you." She clarified.

Becky maintained a stoic expression as she look at Freen. "Okay then, shall we start?"

"Sure, Nam go and set our proposal." Freen demanded and Nam followed what she was told to do. The moment their proposal started, Freen's professionalism started showing up. The personal issue that hung in the air in between them vanished as she wore her working mask. She look so professional, Becky could not tear her gaze away from the woman. It's as if she is hypnotize by an unknown source making her eyes glued at the woman in front of her.

Rebecca notice the way Freen scrunched her nose when she felt like she made a mistake, or how she scrape her neck when she is nervous by Becca's gaze, how her lips quirk upward in an awkward smile when Becky would meet her gaze, Becky notice all of those things. Even the shaking of her hand under her pocket.

Freen feels like she's under my spell.

As the proposal came to a stop, Freen remain standing on her exact place waiting for Rebecca's reaction and feedback about their project. And as the silence hung visibly in the air, Freen's nervousness heightened.

"So... What can our company benefit from your company Ms. Chankimha?" Becky asked.

"We all know my company posses a lot of connections Ms. Armstrong, not only that, I have a lot of potential business partners who will be one with yours if you approve my proposal. " She replied earning a huff from Becca.

As they engage into a few more question and answer portion, Becca give up in defeat knowing she cannot win against Freen. Freen seems so prepared with the questions making Rebecca ran out of words to say.

"Give us a few days to think Ms. Chankimha, we promise to get back to you when we already decided." Becky gathered her things shooting Richie a glance beckoning him to follow him.

"She's fierce Freen. I never saw anyone as fierce as her with you." Nam exclaimed amusingly seeing how Freen folded into Becky. A thing she rarely see.

"Yeah, whatever." She replied.

Freen and Nam gathered their things and soon get out of the conference room. Each moving second and each take she took would gather a lot of audience. She was being stared at and she hate that she is the center of attention of everyone. 

At the far side corner, Freen saw Becky waiting for her driver standing near the curb struggling to get a grasp of all her things.  Nam on the background seems to fade since Freen's gaze fixated on Becky not listening to a single thing Nam is saying.

" Freen are you even listening?" Nam annoyingly asked.

"You go first, i'll follow you after." Freen pushed Nam out of her way as the older woman rolled her eyes in annoyance. Not wasting any second, Freen found herself propping over where Rebecca is standing until she is a few steps away.

"Need any help?" She asked making Rebecca flinch in surprise.  Her gaze fell upon Freen but as soon as she knew who it was, she moved back, step away and shook her head.