Chapter 6

As Becky got discharged the next day, her heart thump loudly on her chest. The findings of all the test she had taken will be release today and it intensifies the growing turmoil within herself. Freen was nowhere to be found, as usual. She probably have been busy at the company again so Becky never expected much and never put any meaning behind the caring gestures of her wife the other day. Perhaps it was only part of her duty as her wife. Nothing more.

"Where is your wife?" Irin asked.

"I don't know, do you think we update each other?". Becky sarcastically replied as her best friend tailed her from behind.

"I was just wondering if she would really do the wife duty. But I was mistaken, she didn't even stand another day being here to fetch you." Irin replied, the truth hit Becky hard on the face.

Irin was right, Freen wasn't there because of romantic attachment, she was there because she needed to, she was the only option at that time, and when Irin came she fled away in thin air.

It hits her like a rock has been throw up at her head waking her up from her delusional matters. Freen won't be staying for her, and she won't be an enough reason for Freen to stay. Yet here she is, clinging into the simple glimmer of hope that one day she would run to her, embrace her and make her feel the love she longed to receive. But right now that scene is blurry, foggy with different what if's and failed tries. Freen hurt her, yet she love Freen even more. This cycle continues until the damaging experiences become worse and worse.

Becky knew this type of relationship falls into a downward spiral and is toxic. However she feel guilty for even thinking about leaving the relationship, for leaving what she had vowed for and sacrificed for. It's for the sake of her brother . She might also “guilt-trip” Freen, about all the remnants of pain she had caused, to leave and pay the debt of her brother in another way. Not by her.  But she knows she is almost there, the door is already open, it'll only take her and her baggage to leave.

"Why are you suddenly silent?"

Becky didn't utter any word, instead she shifted the topic to dismiss the growing pain in her chest. " Wait for me in the car, i'll go get the results alone."

"What? Why?"

"Rin just go, i'm fine. You can wait for me on the car."

"Fine!" Irin whined stomping her feet on the ground like a little girl.

As Becky walked closer to her doctor's office, something inside her mind tell her no to go in, to just follow Irin down the hall and forget about the result and go home together, but despite the uncertainties and second guessing, Becky's hand twist the door knob being welcomed by a warm smile from the doctor.

"Good morning doctor."

"Good morning Mrs. Chankimha." The doctor replied, the surname rolled down her tongue perfectly as if it suits Becky's name well.  " Are you here for the results?" Becky nodded. " Good, it just arrived a few minutes before you came."

Becky hummed in response.

"How long have you and your wife been together?" The doctor asked trying to maintain a conversation as she prepare Becky for the result.

"About two years already." Becky replied.

"I never heard in the news that the granddaughter of the richest business woman of the Chankimha's like women." Becky's ears tinged from the doctor's comment, she felt uneasy by the sudden question. " My bad! I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way... I mean most of the business people right now don't want their childrens to stain their names, i'm glad lady grandmother let her granddaughter be with whoever she wants to be with." She exclaimed clarifying the first statement she said.

"Grandmother is actually very supportive." Becky replied curtly not wanting to disclose any personal information in there family.

The doctor smiled at Becky, the result that was inside the envelope were unraveled in front of her as the doctor gaved her a radiant smile that somehow heightened Becky's nervousness.

"Mrs. Chankimha there's something I need to tell you." Just as she heard those words, Becky's heart beats faster. She is not prepared for the revelation of her disease, it scared her knowing that the doctor called her here to fetch the result and it made her think if it is something serious.

Am I gonna die soon?

What's my illness??

Her mind spoke. The nervousness evident on her face making the doctor laugh a little.

"Don't be too tense Mrs. Chankimha." The doctor prompted. Why is she so calm about this? This is life and death situation! Becky wondered. " So as I was saying, I asked your wife about any activities that you had underwent months before, any surgery, any injections or anything that involves your bodily reactions and she said you undergo to an IVF process four months ago but it wanted successful so you tried again a two months ago."

"Yes." Becky replied.

"And you didn't conceived didn't you?"

Becky shook her head. "No."

" And one night before you experienced a painful abdominal pain right? Severe abdominal pain that leads you to being here?" Becky nodded again. "It's because the inner layer of your endometrium is the most active layer and responds to cyclic ovarian hormone changes; the endometrium is highly specialized and is essential to menstrual and reproductive function, he middle layer, or myometrium, makes up most of the uterine volume and is the muscular layer, composed primarily of smooth muscle cells. The outer layer of the uterus, the serosa or perimetrium, is a thin layer of tissue made of epithelial cells that envelop the uterus, but since you have a low estrogen level you have a thinning of your endometrial lining. "

Unable to catch up all the statements the doctor said, Becky scratch her nape, the only thing she understand is she have a thin endometrial lining. Her mind wanders at the depths and intensities each revelation carries trying to decipher what the doctor meant, but due to her nervousness, her mind failed to decode the information sent by the doctor.

"Can you please tell me directly doctor..." She paused. " Am I gonna die?" She asked.  The doctor suddenly stopped for a moment before breaking into a soft laugh. "W-why are you laughing doctor?" She asked confused by the actions.

"Your not dying Mrs. Chankimha, although the thinning of your endometrial level is risky, in your case it is different from everyone. Some of them failed to carry a child. Yet for you, it was different. " Becky's eyes widen in surprise, the mention of a child somehow gives her chills.

"What do you mean doctor?" She asked. Her heart pace is in it's abnormal state, like it's gonna burst in any moment. 

There was a long pause.

The doctor looked at Becky.

Then she smiled softly.

"Congratulations Mrs. Chankimha, your IVF process is successful. " She paused. " You are having baby. You're four weeks pregnant."