Chapter 44

"What?" She asked again. " I-i'm not Mrs. Chankimha, maybe you are mistaken." She replied. The women smiled at her sheepishly and said.

"You don't have to keep it a secret ma'am. We know you are Ms. Chankimha's  wife." One of the women replied.

"W-what? How did you know that?" She inquired. She felt so shy being address with her forgotten last night rather than her maiden name.

"Ms. Chankimha wrote it on the owner list. We have been waiting to meet you since forever ma'am. And now that we finally see you we are really convinced that your beauty is out of this planet." The short haired woman added costing deep red on my cheeks.

"What! Freen own this resort?" She asked. The woman nodded her heard. " That's why she wasn't even afraid to be caught by the owner because she is the owner." She whispered.

"You are so beautiful ma'am."

"T-thank you." She replied.

"Here... We made this for you ma'am. We prepared this for this moment and now that you finally arrived can we put it on in you?" The blonde woman asked pertaining to the handmade bracelet on the first woman's hand.

"S-sure." She replied. The woman out the bracelet on her and smile proudly.

"There." She exclaimed. " I wonder why Ms. Chankimha hid such a beauty. Perhaps she was afraid you will be taken away from her. Or that you would find someone else in here."  The girls retorted. " Were just kidding ma'am." She added.

"I wonder why Freen hid me so much too, but I know she wasn't afraid that I would find someone else." Because it was never me who got someone else. It was her. She wanted to add but of course she didn't. "I—uh... I need to go now. I have to pee and maybe my girls are looking for me now." She prompted. " Thank you so much for this." The women nodded their heads and bid her goodbye by waving as Becky started walking back towards the cottage.

When she reached there, she found Fin and Freen busy playing on the sand now. Building castles and things only them could understand. Becky watched the girls, her heart swelled with content as she watch how Freen take good care of her daughter. Her heart calmed down and slowly accepted the fact that Freen would always be a piece of her daughter, and she can't asked anything more than that.

//

"Are we going home?" Fin asked once we were inside the car.

It's been a long exhausting day. After Fin and Freen played on the sand they decided to go for a swim. I was force to even join them no matter how hard I refuse. It was my daughter's request, and I wanted to do everything I can for her to forgive me. Even if it opposed my hobbies and likes.

"Yes na. We're going home now." Freen replied.

"Can't you just go home with us? Can't I just have you both home?" Fin asked innocently. I gulped down hard, I looked at her and watch the glimmer of hope flashing in her eyes that I am so afraid to break.

I'm afraid to break her heart. Before when I hadn't have her all I wanted to do is let Freen feel the hell I went through, but now seeing that look that Fin give my mind changes and says I can do anything for my daughter, even if it's me who's gonna be squeeze in between.

"Uh—mom still have business to do na. And my hotel is closer to my office." She explained. It was the truth and half a lie, her hotel was really closer to the office but she wasn't doing any more business here in England. I know she stayed and even ditched her international joints because of Fin. " But I will promise to visit you daily na." She assured and Fin only nodded in response.

During the whole drive, I keep glancing back and forth the road and my daughter. I can see the sadness in her eyes the sparkles disappear and it hurts me to see her like this. I don't want to see her suffer from this set-up. I remained silent the whole time, maintaining a stoic expression. The silent atmosphere wrapped the three of us as we travelled back towards the house.

It wasn't long enough when we arrived to the house, Fin opened her own door now and hop in while Freen rush to bid her goodbye to the little girl.

"Can you give momma a hug na?" She asked. Fin didn't hesitate and throw herself towards her mother wrapping her little arms on her neck. "I'll visit you soon okay?" Fin nodded. After Freen kissed her cheek, Fin went inside without looking back leaving me and Freen standing outside.

"Thank you for letting this day happen." She exclaimed.

"Thank you for today too." I replied shyly. If the sky is not dark I am a hundred percent sure she would see how my cheeks coated red.

"I'm going now."  Freen replied opening her door. In one swift moment, my hand grasp her wrist preventing her from going inside.

"What do you think about it Freen?" I asked. She was puzzled not knowing what I meant.

"What?" She asked.

"What do you think about Fin's request? She want you to be closer to her. She wants you to be here." I exclaimed. I don't know why i'm doing this but for my daughter then I will. If this is what makes her happy then who am I to take that away?

"W-what? What do you mean?" Freen asked concealing the adrenalin rush in her body.

" Move in with us Freen.  Stay with us.  Let's try and live together."  I retorted. Damn it! If this ground could open and swallow me whole then i'd let it swallow me. " What do you say?" I asked.

Please say yes, please say yes.

"I—uh..."

"For Fin, Freen. L-let's do this for Fin." I exclaimed. But somewhere between he depths of my mind lay a question that only I could answer. Is this really just for Fin?