Prologue

4 years ago

I draw my bow aiming at the first camera. I shoot and it hits a perfect shot. The camera goes down and the alarms ring. Fuck, I triggered the alarms somehow, I think. I jump off the top of the building and land gently on my feet. Spinning I check my surroundings quickly, tallying my arrows. 29 shots left. I head to the back door and put my ear to it, no sound emits and I put an arrow in the lock twisting. It unlocks and I smirk. Fucking easy. I slide through the door and shoot the first two cameras I see. I scan for more and nothing. I creep down the hallway silently keeping towards the wall. It's quiet, almost too quiet. The cameras being shot out should've drawn attention to me. There should be guards or something. Knocking an arrow, I get to the door at the end of the hall.

Bang. A shot rings out followed by the sound of a sword being drawn. I hear a voice call, "You missed. I won't."

I hear a blade cut into a body. Blood squelches and I immediately draw my arrow. What the fuck? I push the door open and stare at the scene. There are bodies littered everywhere, body parts severed. I glance around the slaughter. I hear the alarms ringing and men charging my way. Spinning towards the noise, my eyes catch on the boy standing in the center of the room, his back turned to me. He's not scrawny, but definitely a teenager from his size frame. He has a katana in his hands, dripping blood. My blood chills at the sight and my heart screams danger! I let the arrow fly right towards the heart of the boy. He spins and grabs it out of the air. He doesn't look at me, but snaps the carbon arrow with ease. Oh fuck, a celestial. He is covered in blood, splattered across his face. A feral smirk that edges on insanity at his lips. He finally meets my eyes. Holy fucking shit; a bright white and a burning red eye meet mine. The colors are edged with psychotic death.

He smirks at me as the guards run in. He quickly throws my broken arrow head at the guard that comes around the corner. It hits its mark, slicing through the start of the hamstring muscles. The guy falls, unable to stand anymore. I draw an arrow as the guy behind the celestial draws his gun.

"Duck!" I shout as I fire. The arrow flies over the boy's head as he hits the ground, still slicing another guard.

"Goose!" He shouts, glancing at me, amusement flickering in his psychotic death expression. I grin and he grins back. We work together on the guards until we're both drenched in blood and the guards are all dead spread around us. I shout over the alarm at the boy, "Who the fuck are you?"

"I'm Kali."