Chapter 9

Zyon shifts, murmuring something too quietly for me to hear, and I stand, immediately going to his side. He opens his eyes and I whisper in relief, "You're alive."

"Eryx," He mumbles, "Eryx."

"I'm right here," I whisper, running my hand through his hair gently, "I'm right here."

"What happened?" He clenches his eyes shut as if in pain.

"Shh," I whisper, "You've been comatose for two weeks. Your body drained of power to nearly the point of death. Menders didn't know if you would die or wake up."

"Zyon?" Belphegor runs in the room, I step back as he runs to his side, "Oh my fuck! You're awake. You're awake!"

He hugs his son who winces, but smiles. He lets go and says, "Sorry I thought you -"

"I'm okay, Dad," Zyon says and his voice sounds weak, "How did I get in my room?"

"It's Lucifer's bedroom," Satan walks through the door, "Lucifer's old bedroom. I brought you here, not realizing it was your room now."

"Why did you?" Zyon mumbles. I grab his hand and he silences turning his head to me. I smile at those gold eyes. He blushes and I wish we were alone. I want to kiss him into the fucking oblivion.

Satan says, "I just- old habits die hard."

"I'm going to go get the Mender so he can check in on you," Belphegor says, glancing at me and then gesturing to Satan. They disappear and I lean into Zyon as I whisper, "Don't ever pull some crazy bullshit like that ever again."

"I can't explain it," Zyon whispers, voice fragile, "But he needed me."

"I need you, Zy," I whisper, "I need you alive."

"I'm sorry," he murmurs, "I'm sorry, Danger."

"You scared the fuck out of me," I shiver remember how it felt to think he was dying. It was as if my soul was breaking in half.

"I'm sorry," He whispers, gold eyes flashing apologetically.

I sigh and say, "you need to get better so I can fucking hold you."

"Hold me now," He whispers, "I want to feel you. You're so close, but so far."

I crawl on the bed and gently lay beside him. My arm wraps around his waist as he curls against me. Fire roars in my veins at his touch and I whisper, "Zy, I've missed you."

He smiles and his cheeks blush as he falls asleep against me. I let the exhaustion I've been holding back for two weeks pull me into sleep, having everything I need in my arms.

"Danger," Zyon shifts against me. My arm tightens as I bury myself into his neck. His warm honey and leather scent washing over me. He whispers, "Danger, let me go."

"No," I whisper, the fear of losing him still blazing in the back of my mind.

"Unless you want me to piss the bed let me up," Zy grins. I sigh, letting him go reluctantly. He kisses my cheek and whispers, "I'll be right back. I promise."

He walks into the bathroom and I grab my phone. Kali has 13 missed calls. Fuck. I call him immediately, sitting up. He answers, "Kali."

"It's Eryx," I say, "What happened? Are you okay?"

"The mission went as expected, but we have new information," Kali says, "I hear Zyon's doing better?"

"Yeah, he's walking at least now," I tell him.

"Good. Alita and I are on our way," He hangs up.

"Is everything okay?" Zyon asks.

"I don't know," I glance at him. He looks much better. His skin not so deathly, his eyes once again spark with life. I smile and say, "How are you feeling?"