Chapter 1

"Kali isn't coming," I say, reading the message off my screen, "He got tied up."

"Okay, let me get this straight, this guy is your team commander?" The guy arches his eyebrow above the onyx eye. The opposite eye has a scar down it, the blue eye reminding me a tad of Kali, except that Kali's glow in a celestial way. I just nod and say, "I do most of the meetings for everything. He tends to get a little busy, chaotic home life."

The man runs his hand through his black hair. I say, "Why does it matter if he's here? I'm here, give the info to me, man."

The man's eyes shoot to mine with a death threat. I don't back down my bright blue eyes meeting his without a trace of fear. I've seen worse than this man, I'm best friends with worse than this man. He says, "Fuck. Fine. I'll get Kali mission information within the week. He's got to meet me at some point."

Doubt he'll ever stoop low enough, I immediately think. I just nod and say, "Great, I'll be going then."

"Hey, Archer," The man says as I'm about to walk out the door, "Tell Kali that if he leaves another bloodbath that needs cleanup with his fucking swords Ill shoot him."

"You don't like how we operate," I say, stepping through the door, "Get a different team."

I let go of the Persuasion on his mind once the door clicks shut. I have to use it so mortals don't see my wings. All angels have the power of Persuasion. It's not strong persuasion but it's enough usually. Mortals' minds are easy to warp. I launch into the sky, flying to the club. I walk through the back door and into the Portal to the Celestial realm.

Once in the Celestial realm, I glide through the clouds towards the palace. I land on Kali's back porch and walk through his balcony door. I sigh and hit my vape. The vapor floods my lungs in a comforting way.

"You're not gonna leave any," I hear Kali say, "Besides, Eryx doesn't do drugs."

"He vapes a fuck ton. Your room practically has smoke pouring out everytime he's here," Satan grumbles, then says, "Don't do anything fucking reckless while he's here."

"So don't do anything you'd do," Kali laughs . I grin at Satan thinking it's only me and only vaping. Kali stumbles into his bedroom. I'm sitting on the bed, wings unfurled. He sighs and flops onto the bed next to me. He's become a comfort to me. Kali's eyes are red and dilated to shit. I blow out a thick cloud of vape and grin, "You are definitely fucked."

"I fucking texted you that," He huffs out.

"Um no," I says, picking up my phone and reading the text I got during the meeting, "h-m-e. come over. im a duck steak. And I don't see any steak, which makes me kinda sad because your mom is both banging and a fucking good cook."

"Piss off, she'd never have you," He says, laughing.

"Satan would cut my hand off if I even stepped less than three feet away," I huff in complaint, "It's unfair."

"They're fucking mates, man" He grins, "I don't know what you expect. The whole mate shit is fucked side ways. Like someday I'll be chained to some bitch for eternity? Like fuck that, man. Fuck that."

"Obviously you wouldn't want to be chained down. Which bitch are you with right now, Kali," I hit my vape again, blue eyes cutting to his red and silver, "Eva? Astella? Or is that fucking- what's her name? Me- Mar?

"Merikh?" He fills in and I snap my fingers when he guesses it, "No, dude, I fucking dumped her. She was starting to get all crazy. Nah I'm currently eating out Nyx daily."

"Nyx?!" My eyes flash wide as I exclaim in shock, "How'd you score her, man? She's like out of everyone's league!"

He shrugs and I stare in shock. Nyx is everyone's biggest desire. The one person everyone wants, but no one gets. Kali getting to her is no surprise however. Kali has a natural appeal to him. He's born from two strong blood lines. Two Fallen parents and he knows how to make himself look even better. He has his ears pierced: double lobe on both sides, and a double eyebrow piercing on the right side of his face above his red eye. He is incredibly attractive to everyone, including me. Tattoos cover most of his body in a patch work style. Still Nyx and him have always been avoidant of each other. Always seeming to pretend the other walking sex appeal doesn't exist. I laugh in surprise, shaking my head, and say, "It has to be the fucking eyes man. It draws in the girls."