Chapter 4

"Okay," Kali says as we're at our house in the mortal world, "So with Zyon on the team we have to do some rearranging. Alita, you're moving to Davians old position."

"Why?"'Alita asks, leaning back into the couch, "You wanted to replace Davian, not me."

Zyon shrinks away from her tone. Kali's mismatched eyes burn into her. I say, "How about you shut the fuck up and listen for once in you're life, Alita?"

Her eyes shoot to me and I meet those deadly purple slits with an icey blue. I tilt my head and say, "You can be mad at me all you want, but I'm not the one who interfered with a whole mission just to call someone a slur because they wouldn't sleep with me."

"Well said," Alita nods, "He's just my best friend and I don't want to move my position."

"I can do Davian's position," Zyon says, "He got the girls out right? Friendly, cute face?"

"I mean yeah," Kali answers, shooting his eyes to Zyon.

"I fit that description a little better than the sexy dragon," He smiles and dimples show.

"True," Kali says, "Fine. You're taking Davian's position, but Eryx, you're gonna be his backup on the first few missions, because if Zyon gets his bloodlust thing he's terrifying."

"What about you?" I ask, "I'm your sniper for a reason."

Kali's grin is wicked as he says, "I can handle my own shit."

"I could do sniper and hacker," Alita says, "I've been good at both before."

"That was when we didn't have Eryx," Kali says, "Four years ago. You think you can still pull it off."

She whips out a gun. Without looking she fires three shots off towards Kali. Kali goes completely still, red threads creeping up his arm as his Wielding flares. He says, eyes flashing with insanity, "What the actual fuck? And you totally missed."

"Take three steps back," Alita says, glancing at her nails, seeing if she chipped any.

Kali does and I grin. Three shots perfectly surround his head. One on each side of his head and the last one right above it. Zyon lets out an impressed whistle. I click a photo of it and toss the phone at Kali saying, "I think she can handle it."

He looks at the photo and it switches from madness to shock. He smiles at her and she returns the grin. A thick layer of lust covers the room.

"Hey," I say, "Not to interrupt the eye sex that was happening, but I'm sure we need to do a training drill with these positions?"

Zyon laughs and Kali snaps out of the lust. He gives Alita a look and I let my walls down so Kali can hear my thoughts, No. You're not getting with her.

But she looks so damn delicious with that cocky smirk, His voice purrs into my mind.

I don't care, I respond, Drop it, Kali. Lots of people have cocky smirks.

Not many back it up with shooting at my head.

Of course that's a turn on for you, I shake my head and laugh softly.

So you're allowed to make eyes at Davian and Zyon, but I can't try with Alita, his mental voice taking on an exasperated tone.

I don't see people I date as conquests, I shrug, So yeah.

I close my mental walls and his eyes slide to me. He says to everyone, "Let's go to the training facility then."

He grabs his bike keys and I grin. Alita follows him out grabbing her keys. Zyon looks confused and I say, "I hope you actually like the wind like you said you did a week ago."