Chapter 18

Hey Guys! Crescent Rider here and I welcome you to the Finale of the Book's First Season.

But before you all proceed to read, I'd like to let you all know that the Second Season of this Book will appear sometime in Late June or Early July since I'll be prioritizing the other stories from Wattpad, Fanfiction, and AO3 or plan on going to college for a Writing Course.

I've been stuck in my home for four years, quarantine included, and that's one too many years.

And when I do go to college, expect progress to be incredibly slow. Which is quite natural since I must get my priorities straight. But by the time I'm finished, I might improve to a degree where I'll do better than I already am.

That is all, and enjoy the finale!

City - Z Apartment

After the alien incident in City-A, Kombu, Seaweed, and Mew have returned home and enjoyed a more peaceful routine at home than anything else.

The alien they've brought, known as Deoxys, is placed on a desk and hovers there as naturally accumulates psychic energy after its fight with Mew.

Everything may look peaceful, but Kombu has put a lot of thought when it came to the Heroes Association...

Flashback...

After the battle with aliens concluded, Kombu and Seaweed were given an invitation to join the Heroes Association. This was not because of their connection with Mew, but due to their heroic deeds, and vouched by numerous Class-S Heroes.

Even the second-ranking Class-S Hero, Tatsumaki, vouched for them and considered it a waste should they fail to join the Association.

Kombu wanted to refuse due to her run-in with Heroes below Class-S. But the benefits and salary outweighed her doubts and therefore she accepted under certain conditions as she listed, "First, Seaweed's young and needs education. Second, Mew remains independent, just because it knows us doesn't mean we own it. Third, we start at rock bottom,"

"You wish to start as Class-C Heroes? Why start there when we can offer you a rank in Class-A Heroes?" An executive inquired, "Surely you can start there,"

"I've read through to rules of your organization and learned that the moment you put us in Class - -A through exceptional means is the same as painting a target on our backs," Kombu explained, "We'd like to take things slow and work our way up than curry favor. Also, the common advantage of attaining a lower rank is that the enemy won't expect the true strength we hold against them. With given time, we'll be able to reach Class-A normally, and people will understand why,"

"I-I see... Then are you two certain of this decision?" Another executive inquired,

"We are," Kombu said, "But if you somehow managed to get behind our backs and quickly put us to Class-A, we will quit the Association and you'll lose more than just two heroes,"

Without any say in the matter, they complied and put them in Class-C and made them official heroes. But it doesn't mean their efforts in today's incident were left unnoticed.

Present

'Class-C Rank 20 and Rank 19,' Kombu muttered, 'It's a start, but I'm sure we'll reach the top in no time at all. But I'm certain those heads of theirs will quicken our progress in a matter of weeks, days even,'

They soon heard a knock on their door and Seaweed was the first to stand, "Coming!"

As she opened the door, she was met with a familiar hero of Class-S, "Ah, Bang-san!"