𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 - do you remember celine?

Regan Hale drove silently on the road, the only sounds being the constant hum of the engine and the occasional muffled sniffle from me

Regan Hale drove silently on the road, the only sounds being the constant hum of the engine and the occasional muffled sniffle from me. The air in the car was heavy with the weight of the events that had transpired earlier that day. I sat in the passenger seat, lost in thought, my gaze fixed on the passing landscape outside the window.

Regan breaks the silence in the car, turning to look at me. She says,"Everyone misses you." It's a simple statement, but it carries a weight that I couldn't ignore As i continued to look out the window, lost in my own thoughts.

"Everyone?" I sniffed up my nose.

"Rick and Rina."

Celine turns to Regan with a look of confusion on her face.

Regan chuckle before speaking, "Do you remember? You used to come over my house when you were younger and played with Rick in the backyard a lot."

The boy who used to put worms in my hair?

Oh yea, doesn't ring a bell.

"I remember," I said

"But Wait didn't you have three ki-

"No." She interrupted chuckling.

Regan smiles as she continues to drive, "And Rina is sixteen now, she used to be a little baby." She chuckled

"I can't wait until you see them." She smiles

"They have grown a lot-

Regan accidentally stops too fast and ends up causing a honk from the other car. This sudden incident causes Celine to experience a panic attack.

Regan breathes heavily and looks over at Celine who is panicking, "Celine I'm sorry." She touched her shoulder

Celine hesitated to respond as she's still processing the almost crash.

"Celine." Regan called again

"I'm so sorry-

"It's okay, it's okay." Celine breathes heavily.

I'm fine.

-----------------

The car pulls up to the driveway of the beautiful house, with a well-manicured lawn and a small garden. The house appears to be two stories tall with a welcoming front porch, and a few windows that are already lit up with a warm glow. Next to the steps leading to the porch, there is a small welcome mat with a friendly message: "Welcome."