𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 - fault

Rick is still angry, and Rina is quiet and withdrawn

Rick is still angry, and Rina is quiet and withdrawn. Celine is still holding the bag of ice to her injured nose, not wanting to draw attention to herself and the injury. Everything is tense and quiet, and they all make their way into the house, carrying the silent tension with them.

Regan locks the door behind them as everyone enters in, "So what happen!" She stared

"Mom it's a long story, just follow me to the living room." Rina pulled her mother's hand.

Celine moves the ice bag up to hold it over her nose realizing that the ice has melted.

Rick speaks in an assertive deep tone, catching her off-guard.

"This would've of never happened if you weren't there." His voice low.

I was surprised and confused as Rick spoke to me in a deep and intimidating tone, his body language as he took a few steps towards me. I didn't understand what was going on or why he was being so aggressive. I was already feeling a bit off balance after my encounter with him earlier, and now, my heart rate seemed to speed up at the thought of engaging in any kind of confrontation with him again. I just stared back at him, not knowing what to say or do.

"Why do you never fucking mind your business." He stared

"Mind my business? You guys were causing a scene in the hallway attracting everyone." I replied back.

"Should've of fucking ignored it."

And miss a fight?

No way.

"And Now your nose is fucked up— that's what happens when you don't mind your business Kinsley." His fists clenches beside him.

"Wait so now this is my fault!?" I glared 

"You should've of never came here."  Rick glared at me, seething with anger as he rushed upstairs to his room, shutting the door behind him.

—————————————————

I was quietly doing my homework from Mr. Williams downstairs at the dining table, focusing on the task at hand. I was trying to put my recent encounter with Rick out of my mind and not let it distract me from my work.

But then suddenly, my phone rang with a call from an unfamiliar number, breaking my focus.

Who is this?

Picking up my phone I answered the incoming phone call, "hello?" I spoke

"Celine!" Kennedy says on the other end.