𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞- tears

I arrived at school with Kennedy, and we walked into the building

I arrived at school with Kennedy, and we walked into the building. Students were at their lockers, and the bell had just rung, signaling the start of the school day. Today was the college field trip for the senior's, and I was among those that were going on the trip.

"So I guess I'll see you later then," Kennedy said as we walked together inside the school.

"Yeah, and what time will we leave?" I asked back.

"They'll call us on the speaker for an announcement," she replied.

"Okay see ya." I waved at the blonde.

I gripped my bookbag straps behind my shoulder as I stared down the hallway. I could see Rick standing down the hall, talking to his male friends, who were his football opponents. And I bet He was just discussing about bullshit.

I took a deep breath and then continued walking in that direction, since my class was also down that way. I tried to avoid getting too close to Rick and his friends, as I didn't want to attract any attention. I kept my pace swift and moved on towards my class.

"Hm, how you get to school?"

I froze and stood still when I overheard Rick's voice from behind me. I could smell the cologne he was wearing, which was subtle and charming. I could feel his eyes on me, and the way they were staring at me made me feel uncomfortable. I felt vulnerable and exposed, and I didn't know how to react to it.

Fuck.

"I walked." I said confidently

"mhm." he replied

"Kennedy picked me up! Like why did you do that!? your a asshole for leaving me, do you know that!?" I blabbered on angry.

"You're a dick!" I continued

I could hear the chuckles of his friends as they were talking amongst one another. They seemed amused by my reaction, and I could tell they were all looking at me and watching me closely.

"Damn, She's cute when she's mad." One of his friends said

Rick's facial expressions were nonchalant and nonchalant, as if he was completely unbothered by my presence. His eyes were following me around, examining my face and every aspect of my appearance.

"I never dated a black girl before, I heard you guys were hard to manage." His friend continued.

"What—