Chapter Eight - Code Names and Internships

I sat in the class, humming a small tune as I taped the marker on my whiteboard. Trying to think of a code name. My mind is now moving to the offers. Me with four thousand, Todoroki with two, Bakugou with one. And so on. Then pausing, I decided on my name. Once time was up, I looked up, watching as Aoyama went first. Followed by Mina, she was rejected. I sighed, sensing the unease in my class.
So when Midnight asked for another person to go. I stood up and walked to the podium. "The Mother Nature Hero: Twilight." It was accepted. Next was Tsu, Kirishima, Jiro, Shoji, Sero, Ojiro, Sato, Ashido again, Denki, Toru, Yayarozu, Todoroki, Tokyami, Mineta, Koda, Bakugo rejected, Uraraka. Which left Izu, Iida, and Bakugou. Iida went next, followed by Izu, and then Bakugou who was again rejected.

————————————————————————————

I walked into the manor, Anya and Miko instantly changed me into a kimono, then I walked into the kitchen to see my brothers. Completely ignoring them I walked to the table, sat down, and placed my bag next to me. Akari walked in, and gave me some tea. "Kei..." I ignored Kaz.
"Kei please." I ignored Ken as well. Taking a sip of my tea and turning, pulling out the large paper of offer, I placed them on the table.
"We're sorry! Just please stop ignoring us Keiko!" I looked up, then looked away, separating the huge pile of papers into three, grabbing the top paper, and three pieces of papers.
"Kei? Please." Ken sounded so sad and broken, so did Kaz. I sighed. Dropping my head.
"Fine. But you must help me with this bullshit." I pointed at the two other stacks. "Internship offers." I stated.
"Okay!" My brothers lunged, taking the papers and instantly helping...

After what felt like eternity we narrowed it down to three papers. Double sided.

After what felt like another eternity, we narrowed it down to three papers.

After another long long while, we narrowed it down to a paper!

After what felt like forever, we had it narrowed to three. I looked up. "So we have it narrowed down to three..." I said. Kazuki nodded.
"Endeavor..." he said. Looking down.
"Edgeshot." Kenshi added. I nodded.
"And Mirko." I added, staring at the name of the Rabbit hero.
"I didn't think she'd ever work with anyone."
"Neither did I." I added. Looking up, then I added. "Endeavors a no. I can't stand being in a room any longer than our meetings." Kazuki nodded and crossed out his name.
"That leaves EdgeShpt." He said.
"And Mirko." I nodded. My eyes focused on one certain name. And then, I knew exactly who I was picking. My eyes closed as I nodded.

————————————————————————————

I stood before the agency. Holding the bag that held my costume close to me. I picked up my head, and released a breath. Within seconds, EdgeShot was in front of me. "Ubyashiki Keiko?"
"Yes sir, and Kei is just fine outside of costume." He just nodded.
"Her name?"
"Twilight." He just nodded.
"Change into your hero costume, you also have my permission to use your quirk as you see fit while on patrols. I'll take the heat." I blinked. But nodded.
"Yes sir."

————————————————————————————

I dodged left, turning my head slightly as a fist flew past my head. My arm shooting up and countering by pushing the hand away. Another attack. This one a kick went for my neck, my left arm shot up, my hand closing around the ankle. Tightening my grip I then threw the attacker aside.
Turning I pivoted back, and another began to attack me, I countered and countered. Then dropping down and pivoting left, my left leg shot out in a roundhouse kick. But instead of kicking, the back of my knee hit my opponent's neck. I bent my knee, catching my open tent in a head lock and bringing them down.
All the while my right leg shot out, and kicked the other attacker. Effectively sending them into the wall. Another person tried to attack me, when a voice spoke. "That's enough now." We all stopped and I stood up, coming out of my fighting position. "You're strong, both with and without your quirk..."
"I've been training my mind, body, soul, and quirk since I was five." His brows furrowed from under his mask. His sidekicks, littering the ground grunting glanced up at me.
"Why?"
"Because that's when I was determined as the next Ubyashiki head. It's also when I developed my quirk." It's when I was no longer allowed to be just a kid... I didn't say that out loud, but EdgeShot seemed to understand. He hummed. Lowering his head.
"I was hesitant at first, but I think we'll be just fine. Twilight, you and I will be going to Hosu." I blinked. But nodded.