Chapter Ten - Final Exams and Hangouts

Denki Kaminari stared at the screen. The rest of the class were in there as well. Eyes zeroed in on the scene. Unyashi-Kei lunged forward and from her hiding place. She wore her hero costume, skirt, Haori, and hair flying around her as her arm slammed against EdgeShots.
While behind her, with a speed none of them knew he had. Monama shot forward. Running towards the gate, only half a mile away from them. Eyes widened as EdgeShot ushering his quirk, pinned Kei to the wall. She grunted. But those who trained with her, shared confused looks.
They'd seen her fight nine people, all writhing to twenty hero strength, blindfolded, and with ease. "Something's not right." Bakugou hissed as EdgeShot attacked Monama. He dodged, with ease. "Kei should've easily dodged that."
"You're right." Kirishima agreed. Just then Kei broke free and began to run. EdgeShot went to go after her, but Monama countered him with a harsh roundhouse kick. The number five hero caught the kick, his eyes narrowed. Then, along with everyone else. They widened.
For it was not Monama Neito who's leg he had caught. As the air shimmered, the allusions faded away. And EdgeShot held I Ubyashiki Keiko by her ankle. She smirked, and at the same exact time. Right as Monama crossed the line, Keiko placed a cuff on EdgeShots wrist. She just grinned. "Team Ubyashiki and Monama wins."
EdgeShot released Keiko. Who landed on her feet without making a noise. Looking over and up at the hero. She smiled. Kaminari felt something flutter in his chest. Blinking, he looked at her. Really looked at her for the first time.
She was pretty, he always knew that. But her beauty was out of this world. Her eyes are a bright violet color. Shining like diamonds even when in the shadows. Her long black faded to deep dark purple hair was pulled in its normal hair style. A single braid at the right side of her face. Pinned to her head with. A wisteria hair clip.
While being pulled up into a high bun, half her hair, that is, was pinned with a wisteria hair pin. He watched as she walked, and the strand of hair on the left side of her hair, and the half down hair swung along with her hair I and skirt as she moved forward. Edgeshot following her. Walking at her side as he ruffled her hair. She laughed and smiled up at the pro hero.
Mr. Aizawa hummed. Gaining all their attention. But he didn't even acknowledge his class's curious glances. But Kaminari also noticed. She looked so bright and happy as EdgeShot ruffled her head. It made him wonder, had her father done anything like that for her. Laminar thought back to the conversation he had had with the girl. Kano, at least that's what she was called.

'Keiko-sama is kind. And gentle, and an amazing hero.' The girl said as she sat next to Denki and his friends. 'But she is also lonely.' They looked at her. Confused. She just smiled. 'Sometimes, she works so hard, tries so hard to keep all of her businesses and the corpse afloat, and to make sure she's strong enough. That she forgets to make time for herself. She forgets that she's a kid.'

   Kaminari drowned. 'She forgets she's a kid? Well he might have to fix that. Kaminari nodded. Yeah. He is so going to fix that. Placing a hand on his chin, he wondered for a second. If she liked to read manga.

                         ————————————————————————————

    I blinked at Kaminari. "Hey! Ubyas- I mean Kei. Sorry, I'm still getting used to that. Anyways." He joined me at my side. "I was wondering, do you read manga?"
    "Yes." He jumped at that. I looked forward and at my path. "I have a... friend I usually meet on Wednesdays to read manga with, and. To just hang out.... But he and our other friend haven't shown up since the internships." I scratched my chin. "And I can't get in contact with him."
    "Wow... that. Sucks." I hummed. Shrugging.
"They said that might happen. Apparently some stuff had come up. Why do you ask?" I looked at him.
    "O-oh. I was wondering if you'd like to meet up at a cafe to read some at some time!" I blinked. Head tilting. Logically I knew Kaminari was a flirt. But this was different. Was he... was he trying to be my friend? My heart warmed and fluttered. I smirked. Figuring I'd like to tease him.
    "Are you trying to ask me on a date? Or are you trying to become my friend?" His face exploded into red. I laughed. "I'd love to hang out with you. How about we meet at the cat Cafe not too far from here after school." He blinked. But nodded.
    "Wha- really?" I laughed and nodded.
    "Yeah! I don't see why not."