Chapter Nine - Hosu Aftermath and Return To School

I sat in a hospital, blinking. Then I looked around. "Kei?"
    "This is my first time in a hospital." I stared, the three stars at me. "The doctors usually come to us." I blinked. I just examined my classmates. "I'm glad you're alright."
    "We almost weren't, you showed up just in time to save our buts Ubyashiki."
    "Kei." I corrected Todorki.
    "Then call me Shoto." I blinked.
    "And me Tenya." I just nodded. Next thing I know the chiefs here, I was about to stand, correction I stood up... despite the ditches and wraps around my stomach.
    He went on a rant about the laws, my eyes glanced at EdgeShot. Who nodded at me, telling me he, the chief, was told. The chief went in to scold the chief, Sho countered him. I glanced between the two. I moved quickly, placing my hand on his chest. "Calm down now." I turned. "I assume EdgeShot told you of my permission to engage and use my quirk if I see fit correct?"
    The chief smiled at me. "Yes, therefore, and I'm going off the fact you don't want the public to know that the Ubyashiki Corpse were involved." At my nod he continued. "The original plan was to give Endeavor and EdgeShot the credit. But EdgeShot."
    The chief glanced at the said hero. "Insisted that credit be given where credit is due. So, the statement will be 'Heroine in training called Twilight. Given permission to engage in combat and use quirk as she saw fit. Was sent to make sure all civilians were evacuated during the Hosu attack, while her current Mentor, EdgeShot, engaged with the villains. While on this patrol, she stumbled upon the hero killer, about to take his next victim's life, with three UA students from her classes there as well. Realizing none of them were fit, or couldn't legally take action, and knowing her mentors can't get there in time, she engaged. Using her quirk as minimally as possible. Effectively winning her battle, and taking the hero killer into custody just as the backup she had called for earlier arrived.'" I just blinked, shocked slightly.
    "Wait... so I'll get credit?" He nodded.
    "Yes, your physical strength, and your quirk will explain away the broken bones, and burns." I blinked. Then I looked at my classmates.
    "Are... you three okay with that?" They nodded.

    I blinked, it was the next day... and I've blown up. Turning I looked at EdgeShot, placing at my stitched up hero costume. I sighed, dipping my head. But moving I pulled my hero costume on, then looked at my mentor. "Ready." I just nodded.
    "Yes sir." I left with him to patrol. Within seconds I'm walking down the street, my head held high, when a kid ran up to me. Spooking me. I paused as the little girl came to a stop in front of me. I was able to stop just seconds before crashing into her. "Woah...." I blinked. Then I looked up, meeting EdgeShots eyes. He nodded at me, I just swallowed. Then slowly I kneeled down. "Why hello there."
Within seconds I was at her height, one hand resting on the ground for balance. "What's your name sis?"
    "Ito Ami!" I blinked. Then I smiled.
    "Well, how can I help you little Ito?"
    "Can I have your autograph!?" That caught me off guard. "Uh... yeah sure?" I glanced at EdgeShot, who nodded. I swallowed.

    Sadly, that wasn't the last time I was approached by fans. After a bit as we walked back to the agency, I looked at EdgeShot. "Why were there so many?"
    "I don't know, kid." He reached up ruffling my hair. "But you'll go far. It's about the same as the time you're done with school. What do you usually do?" I blinked.
    "Well, Miko and Anya usually make me change into a kimono, make me have tea, then I go out to train. After changing into training wear of course." He hummed.
    "Then let's train." I just nodded.
    "Okay."

                         ————————————————————————————

    It was late at night, and I found myself unable to sleep. So, standing up from my bed, I pulled on a t-shirt and shorts. Then walking outside, I began to run through my combat forms. From one form to another. Continuing this all night. I went through these forms over and over and over.
    Only stopping when a voice spoke. "You've been doing that for a while." My head whirled around, to see EdgeShot.
    "I can't sleep."
    "So you train?" I nodded. Stepping out of my stance. "Helps calm my nerves." He just hummed.
    "Come on kid." I blinked. "Let's watch a movie or something."
    "O-okay." As I sat there, watching a movie with EdgeShot... a thought crossed my mind. Was this what it was like to have a normal family? Is this what my life could've been like if I wasn't a part of the Ubyashiki family? Before I knew it, I fell asleep on EdgeShots chest. One of his arms wrapped around my shoulder.