3 || Entering into new world

Tumhe dil nisaar karte,
Tumhe jaan nisaar karte,
Tum pyaar karne dete,
Toh tumhe kitna pyaar karte..
Ik baar karne dete,
Toh tumhe kitna pyaar karte..

Author's POV.

She didn't knew what was going on. She was just sitting on her bed, when her mother came inside and asked her to get ready.

In a red saree, like a bride. Like a bride.

Vandana helps her to get ready.

Nupur stands before the mirror in her bedroom, her reflection a vision of beauty and innocence. Her sister-in-law fusses over her, adjusting the delicate folds of her red saree with gentle precision.

Nupur's eyes widen in bewilderment as she takes in her reflection. She wears a traditional red saree adorned with intricate golden embroidery, its vibrant hue a stark contrast against her fair complexion.

Her long, dark hair cascades in soft waves down her back, adorned with jasmine flowers that release a sweet, intoxicating fragrance into the air. A delicate gold necklace graces her slender neck, its intricate design shimmering in the soft glow of the room.

Her eyes, wide and doe-like, betray a hint of uncertainty as she gazes at her reflection. She is a picture of innocence, unaware of the tumultuous events unfolding around her.

Her sister-in-law offers her a reassuring smile, her hands deftly applying a subtle touch of makeup to enhance Nupur's natural beauty. But beneath the facade of serenity, there lingers a sense of apprehension, a whisper of uncertainty that tugs at Nupur's heart.

As she stands before the mirror, Nupur's mind races with questions, her thoughts a tangled web of confusion and doubt. She is clueless about what's happening, unaware of the forces at play that have brought her to this moment.

She knew nothing.

When she came out along with her bhabhi, in the Aangan, she saw through her veil that the aangan was decorated slightly with flowers. Only a little decoration.

And there, there was mandap in the middle of the area. Where a man was sitting in red kurta, groom's turban on his head. And infront of him, sat a priest.

She looked beside her. To her bhabhi. Fearfully.

Her bhabhi gulped and nodded her head.

What? She was getting married? She. was getting married. She had a slight idea about this, but she was confused a bit and now, it was clear.

An hour ago, she had no idea. And now, she was getting married to a man whom she doesn't even know. Whom she hasn't seen even once.

"Hum aise kaise shaadi kar sakte bhabhi," she spoke in a low voice to her sister-in-law.

Vandana looked around, towards her husband and brother-in-law, sitting on the chair, gulping silently, she replied in a whisper,

"Aapke bhaiya chahte hai, Nupur, hum kuch nahi kar sakte, aap jaanti hai apne bhaiya ko."

She shook her head,

"Aise achanak hum kaise- hum nahi- hum nahi karenge."

She stopped walking.

Vandana tried to manipulate her, but she failed. And suddenly, Vikas stood up from his chair, walked towards them and whisper yelled at Vandana,

"Chala bhi nahi Jaa Raha tumse?".