08

This story is completed in Patreon and VIP Group/Spaces.

Visit www.patreon.com/vampiremims to join Patreon.

Send a message to Maemae Anderson or Vampiremims on Facebook to join the VIP Group/Spaces. :))

☀️☀️☀️

I lost count on how many times I rolled my eyes in my mind while we're talking to Abi and Cassie. I have invited them to a coffee shop mainly because I don't want to invite them to my house or my parents' house.

Sinabihan ko naman din si Duke na kung puwede rin na huwag ipaalam sa mga magulang ko ang nangyari, but of course, he and I had different opinions about what happened. He said he needs to tell them that since his main job is to provide security to me.

They're both denying what happened and they kept on telling us that they're innocent and they have no idea that Enoch drugged me. They're both putting all the blame to Enoch, too.

"Are you okay now, Maddie?" Abi asked me and reached for my hand. Gusto kong taasan ng kilay ang babae dahil sa pagpapanggap nitong concerned sa akin. Hindi naman naitatago ng makeup nito ang totoong kulay nito.

"Of course, I am," I replied as I pulled my hand back and leaned on my seat again.

"Thank you for your statements, Ms. Duanes," sabi ni Duke sa babae. Lumingon naman si Abi rito at ngumiti. Bahagyang kumunot ang noo ko ng makita ko na halos magningning ang mga mata nito habang nakatingin sa lalaki. Her admiration towards him was so palpable, it's making me sick.

As if patulan ka niyan ni Duke.

Hindi ko mapigilan na mapairap bago pinagkrus na lang ang kamay sa ibabaw ng dibdib ko at tinignan si Duke at inaasahan kong maintindihan nito kung ano ang sinasabi ko sa pamamagitan ng pagtingin ko rito. It's not hard to decode, afterall.

"Of course. Anything for Maddie," Abi said and looked at me and smiled. "Do you need anything else? I can help you with the other guests and we can all ask them if–"

"We're fine, Ms. Duanes," putol ni Duke sa sinasabi ng pinsan ko. Natawa naman si Cassie dahil sa pagtawag ni Duke sa kapatid nito at tumingin din sa lalaki

"You're so formal, Duke," she said and Duke creased his forehead a little when he looked at her.

"Yes, you're so formal," Abi smiled at him. "Drop the formality. You can call me Abi," she said and it was so freaking clear that she's hitting on him. I looked at Duke and I saw him glanced at me. Again, a ghost smile appeared on his face, as if teasing me. Inirapan ko naman ito at dinampot na lang ang cellphone ko para pagmasdan iyon.

"I can call you that, but I prefer calling you Ms. Duanes," he said and I hate how I should be focusing on the message I was reading but opted to focus on what Duke is saying.

"You're too polite!" Abi chuckled and tapped Duke's arm. Humigpit ang hawak ko sa cellphone ko nang lingunin kong muli si Duke. I raised my eyebrow on him and he just gave her a small smile.

"I really think you should just call us by our names," sabi namang muli ni Cassie sa lalaki. She leaned on her seat and sipped on the mango shake she ordered. "Right, Maddie? Since he's always with you, and we're always together, dapat maging kumportable rin siya sa amin," dagdag pa nitong sabi na gusto kong tawanan.

"It's his decision," I just said before glancing at Duke and rolling my eyes.

"Thank you for your time, Ms. Duanes," sabi nito sa halip at tinignan ang dalawang pinsan ko. "In case we need more information, one of my team members will just get in touch with you," he added. Nagtanguan naman ang dalawang babae at tumayo na rin ang mga ito para makaalis na.