Chapter 5: Unity in Conflict

year x776

a younger Erza, Y/N, and Cana embarking on their very first job together as children. They stand at the entrance of a dense forest, excitement and nervousness mingling in their eyes as they prepare to face their first challenge as fledgling wizards.

In the dim light filtering through the trees, Erza, still a loner and yet to display her trademark determination, steps forward with a hint of irritation in her voice. "What am I doing here again?" Her brow furrows as she casts a skeptical glance at the dense forest ahead.

Undeterred by Erza's demeanor, Y/N, ever the optimist, flashes a bright smile as he eagerly leads the way into the unknown. "Yeah, let's give it our all! Together, we can overcome anything!" His enthusiasm remains unwavering, even in the face of Erza's skepticism.

Meanwhile, Cana pouts and points accusingly at Erza before turning to Y/N with a pleading expression. "Y/nnnn, why is she here? I thought it was just going to be us two!" Her disappointment is evident in her tone as she questions the unexpected addition to their group.

Erza scowls at Cana's remark, her irritation clear as she responds bluntly, "I don't want to be here either, card face. Y/N just dragged me on this quest." Her annoyance at being roped into the mission against her will is palpable, her gaze fixed firmly ahead as if daring the forest to challenge her.

Sensing the tension between his companions, Y/N steps in with a calming presence, his voice gentle yet firm. "Stop fighting, Erza. You need the jewels, and Cana, we should help her out. She's still new to the guild." His words carry a note of empathy as he tries to diffuse the growing tension and foster a sense of unity among them.

erza: so whats the job and the pay

erza raises an eyebrow as y/n fiddles nervously as she snatches the flyer her eyes pop out 

she grabs him by the collar: an a rank job?! are you insane? 

y/n:pftt itll be fine we just to beat a nest of vulcans me and cana have been practicing our magic see 

y/n produces a small spark of light from his hands while cana produces lightning from her cards making erza sigh

As the trio confronts the nest of Vulcans, they quickly realize that their combined efforts are ineffective against the formidable creatures. Y/N's feeble light fizzles out upon contact with the Vulcans, while Cana's lightning merely tickles them, provoking no more than mild irritation. Even Erza's sword strikes fail to make a dent in the creatures' thick hides.

Frustration mounts as their attacks prove futile against the resilient beasts. With each passing moment, the Vulcans grow more agitated, their roars reverberating through the forest with increasing ferocity.

Erza grits her teeth in frustration, her patience wearing thin as she watches her comrades' feeble attempts to subdue the creatures. With a determined glint in her eye, she knows that drastic measures are needed to salvage the situation.

"Enough is enough," Erza declares, her voice cutting through the chaos with authority. "Y/N, Cana, we're getting out of here."

Y/N protests, "What! We can't retreat. Those Vulcans are laughing at us. We have to beat them down!"

Ignoring his plea, Erza grabs Y/N and Cana by the collar, her grip firm and unwavering. With determined strides, she drags them away from the encroaching Vulcans, her resolve unyielding despite their protests.