natsu vs gajeel (an interlude)

In the midst of the chaos wrought by Phantom Lord's assault on Fairy Tail, Gajeel, bored with the lack of action, decides to entertain himself by targeting Lucy. With a nonchalant demeanor, he hurls knives in her direction, his allies voicing their protests at his reckless behavior. Yet, Gajeel remains undeterred, reveling in the chaos he creates.

Lucy, undaunted by the looming threat, stands her ground and boldly belittles Phantom Lord and Gajeel, her words dripping with defiance. She challenges Gajeel, daring him to kill her, knowing full well that Fairy Tail would never forgive such an act. Her unwavering resolve sends a chill down the spines of those around her, as she stares down the enemy with unflinching courage.

With a flick of his wrist, Gajeel sends a knife hurtling towards Lucy, its deadly trajectory aimed directly at her. But before it can reach its mark, a sudden eruption shatters the tension-filled air as Natsu bursts through the floor, his fiery determination burning bright.

In a blazing display of courage, Natsu intercepts the knife, his flame-covered fist colliding with Gajeel's body in a powerful blow. The clash of fire and iron sends shockwaves reverberating through the room, the sheer force of Natsu's attack catching Gajeel off guard.

As the dust settles and the echoes of their clash fade, Natsu stands tall, his resolve unshaken by the confrontation. With fiery determination in his eyes, he prepares to face Gajeel head-on, ready to protect his guild and defend his friends at any cost.

As the battle of the Dragon Slayers unfolds, the air crackles with tension and the sound of destruction echoes all around. Happy and Lucy watch in awe and concern as they witness Natsu's unprecedented fury, noting that they've never seen him in such a state of rage before.Fueled by his anger at Gajeel's actions against Lucy, Natsu launches a relentless assault on his opponent. Initially engaging in hand-to-hand combat, the two Dragon Slayers exchange blows with ferocious intensity. However, the tide of battle shifts when Gajeel unsheathes his sword, introducing a deadly new element to their confrontation.

With his blade in hand, Gajeel strikes with increased force, his iron-clad body doubling both his attack power and defense. Natsu, realizing the danger posed by Gajeel's weapon, evades the blows with swift agility, but finds himself at a disadvantage against his opponent's enhanced capabilities.

In a desperate bid to turn the tables, Natsu unleashes his Dragon Roar, channeling the full force of his fiery magic in a powerful blast. Gajeel retaliates with his own roar of iron, resulting in a massive explosion that rocks the battlefield.

Confident in his mastery of metal, Gajeel asserts his dominance, declaring that his element gives him the upper hand in their clash. However, his arrogance is short-lived as a chip on his face reveals the true nature of Natsu's flames.

With a fierce determination in his eyes, Natsu declares that his Dragon Fire is no ordinary flame, capable of incinerating anything in its path. Anger boiling within him, Natsu warns Gajeel that their confrontation is no longer a game – it's time to get serious.

Gajeel, acknowledging the gravity of the situation, agrees wholeheartedly, declaring that there isn't enough room in the sky for two dragons. With their resolve steeled and their rivalry reaching its peak, Natsu and Gajeel prepare for the ultimate showdown, each determined to emerge victorious at any cost.

The result is more destruction, and plays dirty by eating some iron, which replenishes his strength, while is still debilitated.

Lucy has to find a way for him to eat fire, and her only option is to call , the one key she has left and hope he can produce fire in any way, though she has yet to form a contract with him. Upon being summoned, Sagittarius appears, surprising Lucy and Happy. Lucy asks if he can shoot fire, but Sagittarius replies that he can't. Natsu is then left powerless before Gajeel, who ruthlessly beats him up and tells him to look at the thing he's fighting for so hard.

hey guys author here please vote and comment how youre liking this story so far also follow me as i might ask a few questions regarding the future of the story like for example how are all of you liking the flashback beginnings in each chapter?