Chapter 9: the number 1 guild

In the year X777,

 a young Natsu Dragneel stood in awe beside Makarov, the towering figure of the guild master, in front of the grand entrance to Fairy Tail. His eyes widened with wonder as he took in the sight of the bustling guild building, its walls adorned with countless symbols of magic and camaraderie.

"Wow, this place is huge! So this is where all the wizards come to meet up?" Natsu exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement at the prospect of joining such a renowned guild.Makarov nodded, a proud smile gracing his weathered features as he looked down at the eager young wizard beside him. "Indeed, Natsu. Welcome to Fairy Tail."

"Fairy Tail?" Natsu echoed, his curiosity piqued by the name of the guild.

Makarov's expression softened, his gaze turning introspective as he spoke. "Yes, Fairy Tail. It's a name shrouded in mystery, a symbol of the unknown. Nobody knows if fairies have tails or not, just as nobody can say for certain if fairies ever existed. And that's precisely why Fairy Tail will forever be a mystery, an adventure waiting to unfold. That meaning is infused within the very walls of our guild."

As Natsu stepped into the bustling guild hall, his eyes darted around in wonder at the lively atmosphere. He barely had a moment to take it all in before a voice rang out beside him."Welcome to Fairy Tail," said a stern yet welcoming voice. Natsu turned to see a young woman with fiery red hair and piercing eyes approaching him. "I'm Erza Scarlet," she introduced herself, her tone carrying a hint of authority.

Before Natsu could respond, another voice cut through the air, this one more brash and challenging. "Who do you think you are, barging in here like you own the place?" Gray Fullbuster demanded, his icy glare fixed on Natsu.

Y/N Dreyar, a fellow young mage, intervened, his hand swiftly meeting Gray's head in a resounding smack. "Hey, ease up, Gray," Y/N interjected, shooting a reassuring smile at Natsu. "I'm Y/N Dreyar, by the way," he introduced himself, extending a hand in friendship.

As Natsu exchanged greetings with his new guildmates, Makarov, the guild master, approached them with a warm smile. "So, how do you like the guild, Natsu?" Makarov inquired, his eyes twinkling with curiosity.

Natsu's face lit up with enthusiasm as he glanced around the bustling guild hall. "I like it," he replied earnestly, a sense of belonging washing over him. "I want to be a member of this place."

Amidst the bustling energy of Fairy Tail, Natsu found himself struggling to find his footing in the vibrant community of Magnolia. The whirlwind of new faces and experiences left him feeling somewhat lost, like a flame flickering uncertainly in the wind. Sensing his unease, Y/N Dreyar and Cana Alberona took it upon themselves to befriend the young Dragon Slayer, offering him the support and guidance he needed to navigate his way through this unfamiliar territory.

While Cana initially hesitated, uncertain of how to approach the situation, Y/N wholeheartedly embraced the role of a mentor and big brother to Natsu. It was a unique experience for Y/N, being the first time someone who was more air headed  than him had joined the guild. Determined to make Natsu feel at home, Y/N took it upon himself to look after the fiery-haired wizard, ensuring he was well-fed, practiced his skills, and even learned the basics of reading with the help of Erza.