Chapter 12: a summon from the magic council?

The afternoon sun cast long shadows across the cobblestone streets of Magnolia as a young Y/N and Laxus stood outside Makarov's house, their belongings packed into small suitcases at their feet. Y/N, with his innocent eyes wide and filled with curiosity, looked up at the imposing figure of his grandfather's house with a mixture of excitement and confusion. Laxus, however, wore a scowl that mirrored the darkening sky above, his fists clenched tightly at his sides.

Y/N tugged on Laxus's sleeve, his voice tinged with innocence. "Nii-san, why are we leaving Gramps's house? I thought we lived here forever."

Laxus's jaw tightened at the mention of their grandfather. "We're leaving because Gramps doesn't want us here anymore," he replied tersely, his tone filled with bitterness.

Y/N's brows furrowed in confusion. "But why? What did we do wrong?"

Laxus's expression softened slightly as he looked down at his younger brother. "It's not us, Y/N. It's him," he explained, his voice heavy with resentment. "He excommunicated Dad from the guild. Said he's not welcome here anymore."

Y/N's eyes widened in understanding, a flicker of sadness crossing his features. "But Dad didn't do anything bad, did he?"

Laxus's fists clenched tighter at his sides, his frustration evident. "No, he didn't. But Gramps doesn't care. All he cares about is his precious guild and its rules."

Y/N's gaze fell to the ground, his shoulders slumping with disappointment. "I don't understand, Nii-san. Why can't Gramps forgive Dad?"

Laxus sighed heavily, his anger momentarily subsiding as he knelt down to Y/N's level. "I don't know, Y/N. Maybe Gramps just can't see past his own pride. But don't worry, we'll be okay. We'll stick together, no matter what."

Y/N nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he looked up at his older brother. "Yeah, we'll stick together. Like brothers."

Laxus's heart clenched at Y/N's words, a surge of protectiveness flooding through him. "Yeah, like a real family," he echoed, his voice filled with determination.

Together, Y/N and Laxus picked up their suitcases and headed down the street, their steps faltering slightly as they left behind the only home they had ever known. But as they walked side by side, their bond as brothers grew stronger, a beacon of hope in the face of uncertainty.

After leaving Makarov's house, Y/N and Laxus wandered through the streets of Magnolia in search of a new place to call home. With each step, they grew closer, their bond as brothers strengthening with every shared moment of uncertainty and determination.

As they explored the various neighborhoods, Y/N's eyes sparkled with excitement at the prospect of finding a new adventure. Laxus, however, remained stoic, his mind consumed with thoughts of their father's exile from the guild and the injustice he perceived in Makarov's actions.

Finally, after what felt like hours of searching, they stumbled upon a quaint apartment building nestled in a quiet corner of the city. The building's exterior was weathered but welcoming, and a sense of warmth washed over Y/N and Laxus as they stepped inside.

The apartment they found was small but cozy, with just enough space for the two of them to make it their own. As they unpacked their belongings and set up their new home, they shared stories and laughter, their bond growing stronger with each passing moment.

But amidst the joy of their new beginning, Laxus couldn't shake the nagging sense of resentment he felt towards Makarov. He struggled to understand why their grandfather had cast their father out of the guild, especially when it was their father who had implanted the Dragon Lacrima in him, giving him his incredible strength.