tower of heaven(prelude)

Erza reclined on the balcony of her room, the warm sun casting a golden glow over her skin. The day had been filled with laughter and camaraderie, yet beneath her tranquil exterior, memories stirred.

In her dreams, she found herself standing before the imposing structure known as the Tower of Heaven. The memories flooded back, a stark reminder of the pain and suffering she endured as a slave within its walls. The scars, both physical and emotional, still lingered, etched into her very being.

With a start, Erza woke from her restless slumber, her heart racing with residual fear. In moments like these, she found solace in the familiar weight of her armor, the cold steel a comforting embrace.

Reequipping into her battle attire, Erza felt a sense of calm wash over her. In her armor, she was a warrior, strong and unyielding, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

Before she could dwell further on her troubled thoughts, Lucy's cheerful voice broke through the silence, pulling her back to the present.

Lucy: "Erza, are you awake? The guys are already downstairs at the casino. Let's join them!"Erza nodded, grateful for the distraction. With a determined expression, she changed into a beautiful dress, the fabric cascading around her like a waterfall of silk.

Together, Erza and Lucy made their way to the casino, the sounds of laughter and excitement beckoning them forward. 

Inside the bustling casino, the air was thick with anticipation and the clinking of chips. Y/N, dressed sharply in a tailored suit, sat at the poker table, his expression a mask of concentration as he surveyed his hand.

Around him, the other players studied their cards with equal intensity, each one hoping to outwit their opponents and claim victory.

Y/N glanced up as Erza and Lucy approached, a small smile playing on his lips as he gestured for them to join him.

Y/N: "Erza, Lucy, come join the game! We could use a little luck on our side."

Erza chuckled, taking a seat beside Y/N as Lucy watched from the sidelines, her curiosity piqued.

Erza: "I'm not sure if luck is what you need, Y/N. With your skills, I'm sure you'll clean house."Y/N grinned, his eyes twinkling with mischief as he surveyed the table.

Y/N: "Well, a little luck never hurt anyone. Besides, where's the fun in winning if there's no challenge?"

With a flick of his wrist, Y/N tossed his chips into the pot, his confidence unwavering as he prepared to face off against his opponents. As the cards were dealt and the game began in earnest, the tension in the air reached a fever pitch.

With each round, Y/N's skill became more apparent, his moves calculated and precise. Yet, even as the stakes grew higher, he remained cool and composed, his focus never wavering.As the final hand was played and the winner declared, Y/N leaned back in his chair, a satisfied smile spreading across his face.