Chapter 7: Battles, and Breakthroughs

Year 776, a few months after Erza joined Fairy Tail:

Erza sighed softly as she noticed Y/N and Cana approaching her table at the guildhall."Hey, Erza, why do you always wear armor? We're just at the guildhall," Y/N inquired, a curious expression on his face.

Erza hesitated for a moment, her gaze shifting away slightly. "It's none of your business, Y/N," she replied tersely, a hint of defensiveness in her tone. She didn't want to admit that she felt uncomfortable and insecure when she wasn't wearing armor.

Cana chimed in, her tone playful yet earnest. "No, no, he's got a point, Erza. You should learn to relax a bit," she suggested, offering a supportive smile.

Erza's eye twitched slightly at the suggestion, but she decided to let it slide for now, choosing instead to focus on the slice of cake in front of her.

Erza tried to drown out Y/N and Cana's friendly banter, their voices blending into the background as she focused on her own thoughts. The memory of their recent job together weighed heavily on her mind, especially since Y/N hadn't had the clearance to join them. Their unauthorized involvement had led to a severe reprimand from the guild master, a fact that Erza couldn't shake off easily.

Despite her desire to open up to them, the events of the Tower of Heaven loomed large in Erza's mind, casting a shadow over her attempts at friendship. The trauma she had endured during her time there made it difficult for her to trust others fully, even her fellow guildmates. She wanted to let them in, to confide in them about her struggles, but the walls she had built around herself seemed impenetrable.

As Y/N and Cana continued to chatter animatedly, Erza forced herself to push aside her lingering doubts and fears. She knew that forging bonds with her guildmates was crucial for her own growth and healing, but the scars of her past still ran deep. With a heavy sigh, she resolved to take small steps towards opening up to them, even if it meant facing her demons head-on.

y/n: erza ive got it! lets paint your armour maybe then people will approach you!

Y/N's suggestion to paint Erza's armor elicited a twitch in her eye, a telltale sign of her growing frustration. "Are you trying to call me a loner?" she questioned, her tone tinged with irritation.

Cana couldn't help but chuckle at the exchange. "I don't think he was trying. I think he just did," she remarked, unable to suppress her amusement.

Erza's expression softened slightly, a hint of amusement breaking through her facade of irritation. Despite her initial resistance, she couldn't deny the humor in their banter. Deep down, she appreciated their attempts to lighten the mood, even if it meant poking fun at her expense.With a resigned sigh, Erza relented, her resolve weakening in the face of her friends' infectious energy.

 "Fine, let's paint the armor," she conceded, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "But only if it's tasteful."

a few hours later

Makarov shakes his head in exasperation as he surveys the chaos that has unfolded in the guildhall, paint splattered across the walls and an irate Erza hot on Y/N's heels.