Untitled Part 11

As soon as he returned, Tan went into the third-floor warehouse. It was because he had work left to do.

I cautiously entered the bedroom, stepping carefully around the mess. Picking up the bag abandoned on the floor, I headed down to the third study. There, I retrieved the stack of papers I'd collected from my students in class.

I asked four questions, but the first three were fake questions that I mixed in to clear up the students' suspicions. I was only interested in the answer to the last question.

Surprisingly, not everyone wanted to kick Albert Letier out of his teaching position. About two-fifths of the students wanted Professor Letier to continue teaching literature.

Despite his young age, Albert Letier had accumulated many achievements and was recognized in the academic world. Moreover, unlike the previous literature professors, he taught literature systematically.

These students also found Professor Letier's immorality off-putting. However, their desire to learn proper literature was stronger.

Three-fifths of the students argued that Professor Letier should not remain in his teaching position. However, their expressions were more moderate than expected.

Some students wrote that a shameless man without even a teaching license had the audacity to talk so much, that just looking at his face made them vomit up the soup they had eaten last night, and that someone like him should have his dick cut off and be thrown out into the back alley. Of course, these were a minority.

Most of them listed their reasons in detail. They wrote that they had heard that Professor Letier had committed corruption, that they were disappointed, that being caught in a trial was an admission of guilt, and that it was not a pleasant thing to learn from an immoral person.

In the process, they mentioned the rumors circulating about Albert Letier at the Royal Academy one by one. Thanks to this, I was able to quickly grasp the various rumors surrounding Albert Letier.

I took out a blank piece of paper from the drawer and organized the main points of the rumors. The rumors all fell into one of six categories.

1. Professor Albert Letier arranged for fraud in admissions.

2. Professor Albert Letier gave private tutoring to outsiders.

3. Professor Albert Letier received a bribe from a parent.

4. Professor Albert Letier manipulated students' grades.

5. Albert Letier smuggled academy property outside.

6. Professor Albert Letier assaulted a married woman.

There were two sentences that seemed suspicious.

Fraud in admissions aren't something a single professor can easily commit. If that had happened, the Royal Academy wouldn't be so calm now.

The other was more of a question than a doubt.

If Albert Letier had raped a noblewoman, how would the truth have come out?

Did the victim report it? Did someone witness it? Did a third party catch suspicious activity or gather evidence, even obtaining Professor Letiyer's testimony? Or could it be that someone who participated in the rape confessed out of guilt? If so, why wasn't Albert Letiye locked up in the police station's stone prison?

I pressed my fingers against my temples, massaging them firmly. I went back upstairs to my bedroom and retrieved the threatening notes. On the stairs, I briefly encountered Tan, who was covered in dust. I reminded him to take it easy and rest, then returned to my study. I lit the lamp, sat down at my desk, and began sorting the notes according to the type of rumor they contained. 

The majority of the notes accused me of having an inappropriate relationship with a married woman. However, no woman other than Madame Marie was mentioned by name. Additionally, none of the 43 threatening notes mentioned anything about facilitating illegal school admissions. 

I wrote "Nonsense" next to the first statement and added three asterisks. Next to the sixth statement, I put a question mark next to the phrase "committed rape" and added Marie's name.

Afterward, I reviewed the papers submitted by the students. Several of those who used aggressive language mentioned Marie's name. This meant that it was highly likely that this woman named Marie was somehow involved with Albert.

I retrieved the remaining documents from my bag. The statement of reasons I had left over after submitting it to the principal was tucked neatly between my household ledgers. I spread the copy of the student roster on my desk and compared it to the papers I had received in class.

A significant number of people did not write their names or used pseudonyms. They had the courage to write Professor Letier's home address below, saying, "You have destroyed someone else's family, so your dick won't be safe either," but it seems they didn't have the courage to reveal their own names.

I took out a new piece of paper and organized the names of the students who did not write their names or used pseudonyms. I marked next to each name whether it was anonymous or a pseudonym.

Then, I picked out the papers with the most aggressive language, enough to make my eyebrows frown. I was going to look for the person who sent the threatening note.

The person who wrote the threatening note changed their handwriting. So I won't be able to recognize it right away.

However, a person's way of thinking always goes in the same direction. Words spoken with the same emotion to the same person will inevitably have a similar structure. Moreover, I was able to find linguistic commonalities. Everyone has favorite words they use. There are also grammar mistakes that they always make.

I looked carefully, but there was no paper that I could suspect to be the culprit of the threatening note. Of course, if the culprit had any brains, they would have thought of the possibility of comparing it to the threatening note and would have spoken more carefully.

I chuckled and put the threatening note aside and put it on top of the students' papers and pressed it down with a paperweight.

I glanced over the paper with the six rumors again.

I had a few things to do.

I wrote 'Courthouse' and 'Police Station' at the bottom of the paper, and then wrote 'I will find out the contents of the trial and the charges against Albert Letier's and 'I will find records of past crimes'.

I put the papers I received from the students and the threatening note in the drawer, picked up the paper with the six rumors summarized, and stood up. When I turned around, Tan was leaning against the doorframe. His black hair was wet, as if he had just gotten out of the shower.I blinked.

"When did you get here?"

"Not long ago."

"Is there a problem?"

"It's almost dinner time. I came to let you know. You can prepare it yourself, but that would delay the completion of the second contract."

Come to think of it, I was hungry.

The kitchen was filled with various ingredients. The dinner menu was omelet.

Tan showed me how to make it several times.I confidently cracked the eggs. It took me a long time to pick out the eggshells that had fallen into the bowl, but the first omelet I made was fluffy and delicious. I was very proud.