Untitled Part 22

We soon arrived at the workshop street.

As we entered the tailor shop, the tailor gasped and held out his hands. His apprentice hurriedly brought out a wet towel. I wiped my face and clothes before looking at the finished clothes.

The tailor was quite skilled. The finished clothes fit me well without being uncomfortable. However, the tailor kept frowning and continued to make minor adjustments with small pins.

"Your posture is so good, the clothes come alive. I would believe you even if you said you were a noble."

Since the clothes I had ordered were quite expensive, it took a long time to fit them to my body.

The tailor checked a few details and then let me go. He then called Tan. He already looked bored.

Since he kept looking at the door, I gestured to the apprentice. The apprentice blocked the front door of the shop, and Tan finally stood in front of the tailor with a pale face. It was refreshing to see him so different from the way he had been skillfully doing housework and tailing us a little while ago.

The tailor didn't care about Tan's feelings. He simply brought out the finished clothes. I sat down and watched, drinking the beverage that the apprentice had given me.

But something was strange. The clothes were too wide at the shoulders and chest, and the sleeves and hems were too short. Even if you ignored the other parts, Tan's arms and legs couldn't have grown half a foot in a week, so it was clear to anyone that the measurements had been taken incorrectly.

"You little brat!"

The tailor shouted with a red and blue face. The apprentice alone stretched his neck like a turtle between his shoulders.

The tailor put his hands on his hips and strode over. The terrified apprentice quickly confessed. Apparently, the tailor had taken Tan's measurements while looking at something else and had written down the wrong numbers.

The tailor couldn't hold back his anger and swung his fist in the air, then suddenly came to his senses. He then apologized to Tan and me alternately.

"I'm sorry. I'll have to start over with the measurements. It looks like it will be finished later than I originally said. Is that okay?"

When I asked him when it would be ready, the tailor gave me a date.

I wondered if I would still be employing Tan by then. It was a close call, but it seemed like Tan would be staying at the house until the clothes were made.

"These clothes are fine. You can just add some fabric to the short parts."

Tan suddenly interjected.

The moment the tailor heard Tan's words, he made a face like a villainous lord who had seen his subjects spitting on his statue. He shook his head and muttered.

Tan looked uncomfortable as the tailor lectured him on how important clothes are to people, how proud he is of his profession as a tailor who creates beautiful clothes, and how insulting his opinion is to those who create practical beauty through clothes. However, he did not change his mind.

"I can still wear it anyway."

"What?"

"If I don't wear it, those clothes will just be thrown away. What a waste."

"No, but with such a handsome face, why do you have those eyes? Don't waste your face."

"What's the matter? My face doesn't feed me."

"Don't talk like you don't know the world. If a handsome guy like you walks down the street wearing those rags, the girls will be so upset they'll cry!"