💙🤍 💙💜 🪷🗝️ I'll Always Be There for You (SMG4 x Reader) (SMG34)

(Please note that I wrote this before we knew Mr. Puzzles' name and when we thought his name was 'Puzzlevision')

Art by 'shedemonandrea666' on Discord

TWs // Mentions of Death, Mentions of Panic Attacks, Mentions of Mental Breakdowns.

🤍⚪️ Y/N's POV:

📺 Time/Arc: A few weeks before Puzzlevision

"I just... don't know what I would do if I lost you, 4." I said tearfully, holding both of my best friend's gloved hands.

I'd just had a panic attack, and he'd been the one to find me and help me calm down... yet again. I felt awful that he'd had to help me, but he'd already reassured me that it wasn't my fault and that it was completely okay.

"But I'll always be here. Regardless of what happens, I'll always be by your side at the end of the day," he said with that goofy smile that I loved so much.

"You promise?"

"Of course I do."

[Timeskip until weeks later (a month after Puzzlevision)]

And now we were here. And I wished that I could tell him. Tell him that he'd done it. Tell him that he'd become that hero, the one he'd always dreamed of. Tell him that I love him.

But I couldn't. I couldn't tell him anything. He'd already been taken from us. It all happened too quickly. Too early. Too soon.

He never deserved this fate. No one did. But especially not him.

And, although the rest of the remaining crew members tried to console me, comfort me, make me feel something in my heart again. It only served to make me miss the love of my life more.

4 had always been the one to help me with panic attacks and mental breakdowns. He was the one who always knew what to do. And now he couldn't. He couldn't do anything. And no one could help the fact that my heart felt like it was shattered into about a million tiny pieces.

But I knew that I wasn't going through this alone. SMG3 had been suffering in almost exactly the same way. 3 had first fallen for his ex-rival before even I had. Before we'd even first become friends.

When he found out the news, it broke him. He had tried not to show it that dreadful day, but I'd been able to spot his heart tearing into two through his tear-filled, dark red eyes.

Now he had to be there for the fans. He had no other choice. Someone had to keep the channel going, and unfortunately, it rested on his shoulders to do so.

The fans had been quick to figure out exactly what had happened. Even though none of us had been able to tell them directly. Barely any of us could manage to tell anyone. We were all in so much emotional shock and pain from everything that had happened over the past year.

But the fans weren't dumb. After a few weeks of 4 not being in videos, they knew that something had happened. Something bad. Something tragic. And that's when they were able to figure it out.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from outside the room that I was in, cutting my thoughts off. Quickly, my E/C eyes lit up, thinking that it was SMG4. But then I remembered. And tears began to roll down my cheeks faster than ever before.

SMG4 was dead. And he had been for a month now. He'd sacrificed himself so that the rest of us could be freed from Puzzlevision and his tortuous control. A noble sacrifice. Just like the hero he always had been.

555 words