Fort in the Road

A young Y/N was seen climbing a bookshelf trying to get something from the top. He finally grabbed what he wanted and dropped down to the floor.

Y/N: "Hellboy..."

???: "Ahem."

Y/N turned around to see his mom. His eyes were wide open as his mom just smiled.

Mom: "Ha... Like father like son. Go ahead, but it's a graphic novel."

Y/N: "Thanks mom." He ran over to the couch and began reading the comic.

Back in the present, Y/N was reading the comic in the fwagon as he and the gang were leaving the valley. Crossing the mountain pass.

Sprig: "Did you see that sign? We've officially left the valley. This is the most exciting thing that's ever happened to anyone. Aren't you excited? I'm excited. You should be more excited."

Anne: "I'm excited. You know, it's just, there's a lot riding on this trip for us, and I wanna keep my expectations in check-What?"

Her and the gang saw the beautiful landscape ahead of them.

Everyone: "Whoa!"

Anne: "It's amazing. It's majestic. It's... hurting my eyes."

Sprig: "It's even better than I could've dreamed. Full speed ahead, Hop Pop. Keep driving and never look back."

Hop Pop: "Hold on, Sprig. Look back here for a second. Now that we're out of the valley, things can get dangerous fast. So... from now on we're gonna follow Hop Pop's Rules of the Road. By me, Hop Pop."

Everyone groaned in frustration while Y/N laughed.

Y/N: "Pssh. You're joking... You're not joking."

Anne: "Another huge book? Seriously?"

Hop Pop: "You kids got a problem with books? Why, without books-"

Anne, Sprig, Polly, and Y/N: "Our civilization would crumble to nothingness."

Y/N: "Unless we start again from scratch."

Hop Pop: "Shush boy. The only way we'll get to Newtopia in one piece is if we follow these rules. Like this one here. Rule number 98: Never strike a heroic pose on the fwagon. It's a sign of hubris that invites disaster." He said to Sprig. He then placed a coloring book on the table and put Sprig in a booster seat.

Hop Pop: "All right, kids, let's stick to the rules, and we should have a safe and completely uneventful trip. Okay, thanks. Bye."

Sprig: "Man, this stinks." He fired his tongue at a closed blind opening the window.

Sprig: "All those adventures out there, and we're stuck in here with these dumb rules."

Anne: "Not much we can do. My dad was the same way back home. One time we drove to the Grand Canyon and didn't stop once."

Y/N: "Dang that's tough. The only trip I had was to Reno with my friends. And that pretty much went viral."

Anne: "Oh yeah... How are-"

Y/N: "I'm fine about it. That guy had it coming."

Sprig: "Well, if anyone can figure out how to have fun with these rules, it's us."

Anne, Sprig, Polly, and Y/N: "Newtopia, here we come!"

Hop Pop: "Road rule number 29: No shouting. Marauders will follow the sound and steal your skin."

The gang sighed in frustration.

Later...

Sprig was looking out the window in boredom until he saw a beautiful rainbow waterfall in the distance. Making him gasp in amazement.