5. Meeting Cole...

I scuffed the sole of my converse against the gravel, kicking it whilst grumbling angrily to myself. Mom was late to pick me up from running practise and the school grounds were beginning to cover in a blanket of darkness. I shivered, looking around at the deserted car park, which was empty except for me and the cars of whoever had detention that afternoon.

I checked the time on my phone and let out a groan when I saw that it was after seven. Running practise had gone on for longer than usual and I was exhausted, aching to the bones after all the sprinting. Coach even had us doing push-ups, squats and various other cardio exercises to get into shape.

I yawned loudly. Twenty minutes had passed since running ended. I sat up on the wall and swung my legs whilst waiting for Mom. I had changed out of my running clothes and was wearing my shorts again with the top from the lost property office. Bored, I started fiddling with my dark hair, which was loose around my face. I put it into a fishtail braid carefully, and tied it with a ponytail. I checked my phone again. It was half seven.

I wondered if Mom had forgotten about me, and pondered the thought of walking home or seeing if there was a bus that could take me. I was on the verge of calling her for the fourth time when some guy stormed out of the school and was walking towards his car. As he passed by the wall I was sitting on, he stopped and stared at me. A million thoughts flew through my mind at once.

Firstly, who was this guy? He was extremely good-looking in a bad boy kind of way. He had dark, almost black hair and similar eyes. His irises were such a dark brown that they blended into his pupils, making it impossible to tell them apart. He had a cigarette poking out of his mouth, which made me want to literally yank it out, but I stopped myself. Instead, I focused on another thought that was buzzing around my head. Why was he staring at me?!

"Uh, can I help you?" I asked him, watching as he leaned against his black mustang, which coincidentally was parked right next to me.

A smirk tugged at his lips and he nodded. "Yes," he said. "Now, explain to me why an innocent young girl like you would be hanging around the school at night? Looking to sneak into the library are you?" He lowered his voice and spoke with a mocking tone. "Planning on stealing a book, is it?" He chuckled to himself.

I raised an eyebrow. Then I pretended to check things off an imaginary list and said, "let's see. I've gone to school, done my homework, been to training and had a shower. Nope, this list doesn't say that I'm required to talk to you." I averted my gaze back to my phone, smiling. A text from my Mom popped up on the screen and I scanned it quickly. It said: 'sorry, I forgot to collect you! I'm at the nail salon now- could you get a lift with a friend?'

I scowled. Just then the phone was taken from my grasp. I looked up, and saw the guy still standing there with an amused grin plastered on his face. "Sorry, I forgot to collect you," he mimicked in a girly voice. "Ha! So not even your Mom loves you! I mean, most losers have that to fall back on... but, I guess your just too much of a fail." Then louder, he snarled, "You. Are. A. FAIL."

"Yeah, like your Dad's condom." I shot back quickly. I jumped up from the wall, grabbed my phone from his grasp and started walking out of the school. I was getting the bus after all. Nikki had already left so I couldn't get a ride with her.

"Oh I get it," the guy called maliciously as I continued to walk off. "You're that girl who has no friends so you spend all your time coming up with lame insults. Get a life!"

Deep breaths, Bianca. Deep breaths. If this guy didn't shut up, we might have a cold blooded murder on our hands. I opted for remaining silent and kept walking. When I reached the gate, I turned around to see where he was. Still leaning against his car. "You don't know me," I yelled, my voice echoing through the grounds. "You just wish you did!" With that, I held my head up high and found my way to the bus stop.