6. Sneaky Ninjas

"WAKE UP!!!" I bellowed.

A bleary-eyed Ethan sat up on the sofa in confusion. I continued to shove cereal into my mouth, perched cross-legged on the arm of the couch keeping my eyes on him. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and then focused on me, appearing puzzled.

I half smiled at him. "You snore real loud dude."

He coughed, clearing his throat and stood up still fully dressed. "What the hell happened last night?" He asked me as he stretched, lifting his arms above his head and letting out a loud yawn.

I chewed my cereal thoughtfully. "Before or after we kissed?" I asked him, smiling secretively.

Ethan's azure blue eyes bulged and he ran a hand through his blonde hair worriedly. "I, uh, well... um. What...?" He trailed off unsure of what to say.

I laughed. "I'm kidding," I assured him. "After some guy's party we got a lift to my house from Cole, and you slept down here and I slept in my bedroom. You were so drunk dude!"

Ethan's face turned grim when I mentioned Cole's name and he scowled. "That guy is such an asshole, Bianca." He muttered bitterly. "Promise me you'll stay clear of him?" He cast me a pleading look.

I stood up and got a glimpse of the clock in the corner. "Right now the only thing I can promise you is that we're passed being late for school," I told him, dodging his question. "C'mon get washed and find something to eat in the kitchen. My parents had an early meeting so we'll have to take my car."

Ethan and I left the sitting room swiftly. "You have a car?" Ethan asked me.

"Yeah," I replied. "I can't drive yet but I got a car for my sweet sixteen. I sure hope you can drive, otherwise we're fucked."

Ethan chuckled when I cursed but he nodded. "Yes, I'm seventeen- I got my license last year."

We went our separate ways- Ethan into the first floor bathroom to wash and me upstairs to get dressed. I had already showered the night before, so I was just going to put on my outfit for the day and I'd be ready. I ran up the stairs two at a time and entered my bedroom. I'd already missed all of first period and most of second- gee thanks for waking me up alarm. Not. I hurriedly pulled on the first outfit I could find: skinny light washed denim jeans, a white cami with a blue plaid shirt layered over it and red converse.

Then I ran a brush through my long dark hair which was straightened from the night before and put some make-up on. Just pencil eyeliner, mascara and some lipgloss. I flung my door open again, rushed downstairs and bumped straight into Ethan.

"Oof!" I said with a giggle as my head bashed into his chest. Man, he was tall up close. I pulled away laughing. "You ready?"

He nodded, unable to speak because of the croissant poking out of his mouth. I got my car keys and we left, getting into my dark purple coloured mini cooper. Ethan started the ignition and swerved precariously out of my driveway.

***

"I feel like a ninja," I whispered to Ethan as we crawled past the secretary's office because it had a little window so she could see out into the hallway.

He suppressed a laugh but immediately stopped and tugged urgently on my shirt. "Don't look now, but Cole Ryan's at four o'clock."

"Which way is four o'clock?" I hissed doing a U-turn to take in my surroundings.

He rolled his eyes. "Well that wasn't obvious at all." He mumbled sarcastically. "He must be really dumb though, cos I don't think he saw..."

At that moment I saw Cole leaning on his locker, texting. He wasn't paying much attention to the empty (apart from Ethan and me) hallway. He slid his phone into the pocket of his black chinos and opened his locker, rummaging around in it.