first day

Julien's POV:

I bring the last box into my room and look up to see my best friend and now roommate Margo, looking at me with a big smile as she sits on her bed. "I'm so happy you're here" she says while getting up and pulling me into a hug.

"I'm happy I'm here too" I say while wrapping my arms around her, "ok, do you want to unpack a bit more or do you want the tour of campus now" she says making me look over at the box sitting on the floor in annoyance.

"I can get some done now, then we can go and get the tour and get dinner after" I say making her nod her head before we start unpacking all couple of boxes of stuff.
Once I decided we've done enough for today I change into some new clothes before we head out so Margo can show me around my new school.

"So this is where most of your classes will be, this general area, they're only a couple of buildings apart, this is where your history class is so make sure you remember that" she says while looking at my phone, my schedule being shown on the screen.

We walk around a bit more and we stop outside of a big building, "this is where the basketball court is, do you have to talk to Geno anytime soon? Cause he might be there now" she says as we walk into the building.

"Yea we can see if he's here" I say nervously making Margo grab my hand and turn to me, "don't worry, it'll all be fine! He wants you here for a reason" she says as I nod my head and take a deep breath.

We walk through the doors and I bite my lip as I look around the gym, I let go of Margo's hand and look around in awe of how big the stadium is. It looks bigger than it looks on TV. "Hey Julien! Welcome" I hear making me turn around and see Geno walking over to me with a smile.

"Hey Geno" I respond before he settles down next to me, he pulls me into a hug while saying "did you just get here kid?" Making me nod my head in response. "Yea, I wanted to check the gym out" I say sheepishly making the grin on his face widen.

"Well I'm glad you're excited about playing" he says before his eyes settle on Margo, "hey kid, what are you doing here? Paige isn't here" he asks her making her laugh. "I'm here to show Julien around, that's all" she says with a smile while nudging me.

"Didn't know you knew each other"Geno mutters before he looks over at me and nods his head, "it was good seeing you kid, but I have to go" he says making me nod my head understandingly. "Remember first practice on Tuesday" he says while walking off "I'll be there" I say making him look back at me with a smile.

Once he's out of the gym I look over at Margo with a teasing smile, "so Paige huh?" I ask making her face flush in embarrassment before she turns to exit the gym along with Geno. "Shut up" she says making me laugh before following her out of the door.

"Okay, wanna get dinner now?" She asks as I nod my head as she leads me to one of the restaurants on campus and we eat before heading back to the apartment nearby.

_julienbarker : first day 😛Tagged: margosmangos

Tagged: margosmangos

margosmangos: we ate🤩

justinbarkerfm: you look very gay
_julienbarker: thanks genius I couldn't tell🧍‍♀️

bridgetmiller: spoons😋
margosmangos: we were eating ice cream 🤭

codybaylor: I love my invite😻

(AN: just so you know this isn't proof read at all)