maybe

Julien's POV:

A couple days have passed since we all went out for frozen yogurt and I already feel like I have joined a family unexpectedly. UConn's women's basketball team has been amazing, from the coaching staff to the actual players it's all just been a comfortable experience.

Nika and Paige have definitely helped me warm up to everyone and the other girls have noticed that I'm quiet on the regular and I'm not just being rude. KK and I are definitely the closest when it comes to the freshman but is that really surprising?

I'm walking out of my art history class when I see Paige dragging Ashlynn down the hallway as the freshman is looking around confused. They run past me before Paige stops and turns around. "There you are" she says before grabbing my wrist and running back into the direction that they came from, me now included in being dragged around.

And I know what you're thinking, "Julien.. why aren't you stopping her you're bigger and stronger" um well you see Paige does this often and I've chosen to accept that I'll be dragged around campus on occasion.

"Why are we running" Ashlynn whines out as I second her question, "don't ask, important business" she says while dragging us in the direction of her dorm.

We get inside and she shoves us on the couch where everyone else is sitting comfortably and confused. I end up being chucked into Nika who just grabs my waist and pulls me closer to her.

"Ok guys, I know you're wondering, why did Paige run around campus like a chicken with her head cut off" Paige starts as we all mumble out in agreement.

"I'm asking Margo out and I need your guys help" she says making us all go quiet, "you know you could've just texted us to meet you here instead of dragging us around campus right" I ask making her turn to me with a confused look on her face which drops in realization.

"Oh.. yea" she says before biting her lip, "too late now" she shrugs off my comment before looking around to see if anyone was willing to help. "Wait so you're telling me you guys haven't been dating this whole time?" Ice asks while being propped up against the couch while sitting on the floor.

"Um.. well you see.. no" she answers as Nika Azzi and I all try to hide our laughs while Aubrey just bursts out in laughter anyways. "She was too much of a pussy to ask her out" she cackles making everyone's laughs come out after trying so hard to stop it.

Paige opens her mouth to defend herself but ultimately closes it once she realizes that's what Aubrey said was in fact true. "Ok, are you guys done" she says as we continue to laugh. I have to hide my giggles into Nika's neck, trying not to laugh even more at how annoyed Paige look.

Nika's hand is brought up to the back of my head and she cups the back of my head while laughing into my neck as well trying not to get too carried away.
When we all finally calm down Paige is sat down staring at us with a pout on her face which turns into a smile once we've all stopped laughing, I'm still cuddled up against Nika when some of the freshman start naming things that Paige could do.

"About damn time she asks her out" Nika mumbles against my ear making me nod in agreement, "even when I wasn't here she was all Margo would talk about, I'm glad this is finally happening" I respond as I glance up at Nika who is just looking down at me with a soft smile on her face.

"Hey lovebirds! This is for me not you two, get to brainstorming" Paige says while reaching in front of us and snapping in our faces, I feel my face heat up as I sit up a bit more straight.

"So Julien, spill what's her dream date" Paige asks making me think back to every late night face time conversation I've ever had with Margo, pizza from Frank Pepe's, picnic with vodka and chocolate covered strawberries as you look at the stars" I say with out a beat making everyone look at me in shock.

"Vodka?" kk says with a disgusted look on her face, "incase you haven't noticed that girl loves to get drunk, she says on her dream date the person that she is with would buy her the best alcohol and get shitfaces with her as you guys eat Frank Pepe's pizza and chocolate covered strawberries" I recall with a shrug of my shoulders.

I lean back into Nika's hold once I give Paige the information as she just sits there and thinks for a while. Everyone just sits back in realization as Ice stands up and goes in the kitchen.

"You could've said that earlier, saved us all this time" Azzi grumbles making me look over at her with a smile, "but this is such a cozy atmosphere " I respond while cuddling up against Nika more as she chuckles in response.

"Um.. you're just saying that cause you're cuddling with your girl" Ashlynn says while being squished in between Caroline and Amari who just look over at her with awkward smiles while trying to give her more room.

"Yup" I mumble before Paige just whips out of her seat and goes to her room making us all shrug our shoulders before ordering a pizza, turning a movie on and just chilling out for the rest of the night.

nika

nika.muhl: 🍕🎥👯‍♀️

_julienbarker: we're such cuties😛

kamiyanelson: that's so cozy

paigebueckersfan1: where's Paige?
nika.muhl: rethinking all of her life choices

icebrady: floor was comfy

iluvuconn:that's kinda gay...